AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

Anyone else see an increase in stability with an upped PCI-E bus clock? I couldn't boot comfortably past 2.9, and now I can boot past 3.1 and be stable, after upping it from 100mhz to 110mhz.

I've heard about the PCI-E bus clock trick, it never seemed to work for me. I found out last night I could probably run 3.8ghz 24/7 without too much of a problem, though.

Don't be afraid to push voltage, I know James and I have an overvoltage option. The highest I've pushed was 1.65v total, but it doesn't really help. Sweet spot is 1.55+.062v...so basically 1.612v before vdroop (which I think pulls it down to 1.584 or so). But with that voltage, I boot almost 4.1 after a couple tries. Just don't go crazy with the voltage. ;)

Yeah I don't touch the overvolt, I'm just not knowledgeable enough in the department. I listened to the wrong person on this forum once before about volts and that's how I ended my last cpu and mobo, so I stay away from pushing too much voltage lol.

I have over voltage options, +50mv and +100mv. I tried both, of course +100 seemed to be more stable, but none more than just upping the PCI-E clock, and leaving everything else alone. I first heard about the PCI-E clock making overclocking easier, when I was overclocking my netbook. If I don't up the PCI-E clock, I can't touch anything without instant headaches.

i cant get a stable 3.7GHz anymore. My mobo is probably messed up. I still get the 0x0000124 error but only when i OC to 3.6-3.7. Still trying to work things out though.
I stepped my RAM timings down to 6-6-6-18 and that seemed to help.. along with upping the CPU NB ID V to 1.35... Try that..

What USED to work for your system?

what is ur voltage? Mine is 1.54v. I'm right now 3.6GHz.
?!?! :confused: 1.54v?! Jeebus! I've always read that 1.5v runs are suicide: In, see if it boots, grab a screen shot then GTH out of there! :confused:

And do0d, I can get 3.6g to boot @ 1.375VCore.. You don't need it that high for that under 40% clock..

people with a Phenom II 940: you should head over to the linpack benchmark thread and post some scores with your overclocks :D

^ Yeah you and your Vette... Benchmark THAT! LOL...

I'll take a suicide run to 1.5v in a min here.. I'd never had 3.8g to boot for me before, so I got a screen shot and got out of there before it BSOD'd on me..

Stupid question: What's the CPU NB VID?? Not the NB Voltage, this is a different option. North bridge, I gather but what exactly is it that I am overvolting? It seemed to have helped..

Processor: PII 940
Stepping: 2
Revision: RB-C2
VID:
Final Clock: 3.808g
Final Vcore: 1.504

Power supply:
MotherBoard: GA MA 790GP DS4H
RAM: 4g OCZ Reaper 1066
Timmings: 7-6-6-18
RAM to FSB:
Final RAM Voltage: 2.100

Stress testing program:
Hour of Stability:
Max Load Tempartur2:
Reason for Stress Test End:

Heatsink: D-Tek Fusion
Thermal Paste: AS-5
Lapped Heatsink: yes
Lapped Processor: yes

Core temp AND CPUZ Screen Shot:

38cpuz.jpg

I've heard about the PCI-E bus clock trick, it never seemed to work for me. I found out last night I could probably run 3.8ghz 24/7 without too much of a problem, though.

Don't be afraid to push voltage, I know James and I have an overvoltage option. The highest I've pushed was 1.65v total, but it doesn't really help. Sweet spot is 1.55+.062v...so basically 1.612v before vdroop (which I think pulls it down to 1.584 or so). But with that voltage, I boot almost 4.1 after a couple tries. Just don't go crazy with the voltage. ;)

Really... :thumbsup: I'll try that next time I'm feelin froggy.. But again, I am running Vista Ult 64b, so I guess I can't ask for too much. But I got 3.8g stable enough to work with. What's the CPU NB VID?? I set those the same as the NB Voltage. 1.400 or 1.425. Also What's the HT Freq (IIRC)?? 8bit or 16 bit?? Also.... I have an option for Advanced Clock Calibration.. I haven't messed with it, but all 4 cores are set to -2%... Is that ok? Or can I up it to -1% or even 0??

I couldn't get 3.9g to boot.. here were my rough settings.. See what you guys think.

Mult @ 19.5
VCORE 1.500 or 1.525 (tried both)
FSB @ 200

HT LINK @ 800 (it doesn't seem to like it when I mess w the FSB on higher clocks)
NB @ 13x
NB V @ 1.4 or 1.425

RAM @ 2.1v @ 7-6-6-18
RAM clock @ 800mhz @ 4.00
SB @ +.1v

I know I'm forgetting something..

I stepped my RAM timings down to 6-6-6-18 and that seemed to help.. along with upping the CPU NB ID V to 1.35... Try that..

What USED to work for your system?

?!?! :confused: 1.54v?! Jeebus! I've always read that 1.5v runs are suicide: In, see if it boots, grab a screen shot then GTH out of there! :confused:

And do0d, I can get 3.6g to boot @ 1.375VCore.. You don't need it that high for that under 40% clock..

Untitled-4.png

^^^my current settings.

my NB use to be 218, Multipler x17.

Currently right now. I can run 3.7GHz, but im not 100% stable. Idk yet if i am with 3.6GHz. At this point, me even upgrading to a Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme is perhaps not even worth it anymore. I can try going back to 1.5v n run IntelBurnTest v2 again but idk. Still trying.

Well, my C3 965 arrived today. Lapped it before putting it in.
It looks quite stable at 4GHZ with 1.5V, with all 4 cores stressed with Orthos.

And that was just a quick and dirty overclock.

I've read that you have to up the HT link speed, but I've also heard that at higher clocks, you need a lower HT speed....???

Which one? I understand that if you up the CPU cycles, you have to up the other agencies around it. NB and HT.. But mine doesn't seem to like higher HT's.. 800 seems to be the sweet spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom