Water cool e8400 + gpu, first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
for a dual core, you won't see much difference at all between the two blocks. however if you are going i7 anytime soon grab the GTZ, the XT would be better though.

the pump isnt much worse.. they are about the same

I noticed the laing d5 vario Petra's Tech Shop says it has speed control via potentiometer, does the laing ddc-3.2 mcp355 Petra's Tech Shop have any speed control? or is it max all the time. I noticed it said it had 3-pin to attach to monitor to monitor rpm, is that just monitor or can u control it?

I noticed the laing d5 vario Petra's Tech Shop says it has speed control via potentiometer, does the laing ddc-3.2 mcp355 Petra's Tech Shop have any speed control? or is it max all the time. I noticed it said it had 3-pin to attach to monitor to monitor rpm, is that just monitor or can u control it?

The MCP655 D-5 Vario was a decent pump a couple years ago, but the DDC-3.2 is a much better package. Especially when paired with an aftermarket top. And the rpm wire is just that, rpm only. No control whatsoever. There are however 3'rd party controllers and the like that can enable this, but there is really no need. It's quiet as it is.

sry for all the questions, i just really want to know what im getting into.

With an externally mounted radiator on the back of the case, how do you pass the fan molex connecter into the case? Do you have to remove an expansion slot cover?

sry for all the questions, i just really want to know what im getting into.

With an externally mounted radiator on the back of the case, how do you pass the fan molex connecter into the case? Do you have to remove an expansion slot cover?

Remove one of the expansion slot covers, drill/cut a hole, however you think you can do it with the least amount of work.

Regarding the mcw60-R2 gpu block (Petra's Tech Shop) it says "MCW60-R2 (Note: the MCW60 now includes the GT200 mounting plate and the G80 plate is no longer included)"

is the 8800 g92 the same as the gt200 in terms of mounting? Do i need to find a mounting plate for the 8800 g92?

Also, does any1 have any input on if a mcr-320 rad/res is a good replacement for a separate resevoir?
Petra's Tech Shop

The G92 uses a fairly standard mounting pattern that is pretty much standard. The G80 and GT200 used a slightly larger setup and had to use special mounting hardware.

The MCW60 R2 will work for the G92 out of the box.

Personally, I'm a fan of the T-line setup or the use of a reservoir top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom