Cooler master sileo or nzxt hush or antec solo or antec sonata case

Status
Not open for further replies.
as i continue reading i agree. there are mixed opinions about the silence between the p-18x and the solo (some says even that the p-183 is louder then the 182).
as i know, the solo comes with rear 120 mm vent and two optional 92 mm (or 96).
do you mean that using this cooler i can work without any case fan ?
i planed to work only with the rear 120, buying a quality psu and spu cooler.
i don`t want to use the 92 vent`s.
i`m also planning to work with passive cooling on the graphic card.

No, just means you won't need a CPU fan.

It will cool much better with two fans, one at the rear and one at the front. That's the standard kind of case cooling.

Sounds like a good idea.

as i continue reading i agree. there are mixed opinions about the silence between the p-18x and the solo (some says even that the p-183 is louder then the 182).
as i know, the solo comes with rear 120 mm vent and two optional 92 mm (or 96).
i don`t want to use the 92 vent`s.

I have exactly that setup. It works well.

A 120mm fan on the enermax, a scythe 120mm on the back for exhaust and a 120mm noctua on a xigmatek CPU cooler is enough with the silent 8500GT.
Since then I have put the 8800GT back in and even though it is cooled by a thermalright GPU cooler, I don't feel confident enough to leave it passive, I tried a 120mm fan but it wasn't working so I resorted to a 92mm fan there.
I used the HDD suspension bands to secure the lone samsung HDD and fitted a samsung ODD (both samsungs were chosen for their quietness). Other than that, I lined the case with Akasa sound proofing foam but if I were to do it again, I would get thicker foam. The fan is secured to the CPU cooler with supplied rubber things and I have a rubber vibration dampener for the PSU.
There is a picture of the result in the cable management thread I think that's it but if you have any questions, do ask.

thank you all for the information.
before my respond to it i would like to ask something that might sound stupid.
it`s about the colour of the solo front.
just yesterday i realized that it`s bright silver .
in saying stupid i mean that those thing are of course a matter of pesonal taste.
it just that after many years working with the old bright cases , and seeing that everything around is black, i thought that this is the "fashion" standard today.
i will understand if you can`t have any coments about it, but if you have. i`ll be glad to have them.
btw it`s kind of a plessure new experience to me being in a forum with peaple that just -2 gmt hours from me, usualy i do it with those guy`s over, over sea...
since english is not my original language, and i`m not an expert in this area i have maybe to ask some things to make it clear to me, about your sugesstions up there.

to yamikotai:
i thought that is better to skip the ftont 92 mm fun (wich i think sould be louder then a 120 fun, and buing a quet one for the cpu- by the way, i didn`t mention it, but the whole system is now in building status, didn`t buy yet any thing). what is exactly that nunja, becouse i do see a fun on it?
so what is your total cooling now?

to kmote:
that what i was plannig to do, but yamikotai sugesstion worth to be also check and concider.
since it is not a gaming pc (only children games) i think i`ll have a lower graphic card ,think it`s going to br 9600 gt silent.
so you mean that instead of fun on the card you put a 92 at the front? i heard that those 92 can be loud.
the rest of your sugestions , i`l have to read again to understand better.

I don't have any fans on the front, the 92mm is on the GPU. Here is my solo inside:
P1220044.jpg

and here it is from the front
P1010006.jpg

I really wouldn't describe it as "bright silver" it's not black but it does have a matte finish. It looks quite classy when it doesn't have stickers all over it :).

thank you for the photos, looks great.
so if i understood well, you use one 120 fun on the rear (the original that came with the case?) one 120 on the psu ,one 120 on the cpu, and one 92 on rhe gpu.
since i have weeker gpu i think i`ll be able to avoid at list this fan.
i didn`t understood yamikotai sugestion, since the cooling unit he showed for the cpu do have fun. at list in it`s photo.
do you think i can avoid one more fun or it`s the minimum?
btw what is normal temp. in celsius inside the case?
i`m going to use also samsung hd.
all those editinal things you mentioned for silence and anti vibration, did you made it right on purchasing or later?

You have understood my setup correctly except that I didn't use the stock fan for the exhaust at the back.
The 9600GT is not that weak, if you want this passive you should make sure it has a really decent.
The CPU cooler yami posted can have the fan removed but I would recommend something like the Prolima Megahalems if it fits the i5 socket and the case Recommended Heatsinks | silentpcreview.com
It's a complex balance around the CPU because all the hot air that is not exhausted out the back of the computer will go up and into the PSU. Since the speed of the PSU fan is determined by the temperature of the PSU you might be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire, remember that the PSU fan cannot be replaced or manually adjusted without voiding it's warranty.
As far as I remember I bought all the stuff for this PC in one go.

did you chose a quiet fun for the back you can recommand about?
about the graphic card , my mistake, i`m talking about the 9600gso.
GIGABYTE - Product - Graphics Accelerator - Specification - GV-N96GMC-512H
did you heard somthing about it ? as i said i think it will be even over my needs but i can get it here fo r a realy good price.
about the waranty of the cpu, it is strange, becouse if you buy a "tray" version it comes originaly without a cooling fun .
thank`s for the link for the Recommended Heatsinks, i believe it will help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom