First building experience was terrible (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have 2 cables with the white plastic tip things. Each cable has 2 separate white things coming off of it with 3 pins in it (I think/hope this is just for sli support.)
Then I have a very small/skinny black cable that idk what is for.

Ok now i need help. There is a spot on the actual graphics card for two of the white tip cables. However I think one is for SLI support. Ok, So I plug in the 4 pin part to the graphics card, and plug in the white tip thing into the power supply cable. I don't know if i need the black cord thingy or not (says its for high definition support in the manual thing (which makes no sense) ) or if im supposed to use 2 different "white tip" cables.

BTW with the setup i have right now the pc still wont give a signal to monitor

Gumbi, I'm feeling for ya bro. If I was around your area (which is where?) I would come help you out. At this point, if I was in your shoes, I would ask myself. Did I read all the directions carefully? Did I leave a riser out and my motherboard is grounding? Did I try to power my monitor with the gpu out? Am I only using one stick of ram at this point? Where can I find the names of the power connectors so I can communicate better?
Did I install my cpu correctly with thermal paste and no EMS? When I was in bios did I try going to fast and change a setting, and in bios with my gpu out do I have it set to on-board graphics so I can at least get my monitor to fire up? Do I know anyone at school, teacher, student, that may be happy to get 20-25 bucks to come help me finish this thing? You might even get lucky and go to Sears parking-lot and find out the guy pushing the carts around is a Windows guru :silly: Camera and pictures for us to see would be a huge help on our end.

LOL! Found out problem, graphics card isn't recieving enough power. Ok, so if you guys would help (since u know all the good brands and stuff) I need a good gaming case (to fit a atx Mobo) and 550/500 watt power supply for around 80 bucks (60 or 70 preferred, 80 is around the max I will spend) Thanks for all the help so far, i want to get this thing running!

Did you get everything off the build Trotter spec'd?

All that should run just fine. However could be A dud psu. Can you get a digital multi meter and check the volts?

If you do need a new psu, you just need the psu, and not the case aswell. But i'd double check the psu with a dmm, and without the card in, just using the onboard gpu.

well newegg wont take just the psu as it came with the case. SO yeah I need both, and we took the PC into staples today to see if they would help, and they said I for sure need a better psu and plus this one doesn't give me enough ports to plug into. And all thats 120 mike, I need to spend less than 100 total.

Thanks mike, i really do appreciate all the help, you really seem dedicated to making sure i get the most out of this!

Well glad to hear it, I just ordered my new case and motherboard, hopefully by this saturday or next tuesday when I rebuild my new computer it won't give me too much fuss....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom