can't boot memtest86

Status
Not open for further replies.

septic

In Runtime
what am I doing wrong. I used Infrarecorder to burn the memtest86.iso to a cd-r.

MWSnap03912-06-09.jpg

set bios to boot off of cd with no luck.

Have you tried using something like ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP to burn the ISO?

no, will try ty
edit: night and day thanks again Mak. I looked at ImgBrn first and noticed it was blueray, and I wasn't sure if it was backwards compatible with my lite-on lightscribe. before I left cnet.downloads I noticed powerISO and gave it a shot since I was already there. uninstalled infrarecorder. I used my purchased and licensed winzip to extract.zip from memtest86.iso . winzip extracted automatically into powerISO. powerISO changed from non-bootable image to bootable cd. It was smooth as glass. I haven't tried to boot from cd yet, but I have confidence that your fix will work.

shidizle, memtest fired up from cd, but after about 3 or 4 seconds of ramping up it shuts off. I might have to put a camera on my monitor to see if you guys can see a setting or something in my bios that need to be changed. I recieved 0 passes and 0 errors. restarts after 48%. sleep now, homeowners gonna be ****ed if I screw up his 2-story addition tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom