computer freezing/no internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

account 123

Solid State Member
I recently had a problem with my laptop slowing down almost to a halt, making it impossible to work on. I have since worked out that it is somehow linked to the power supply. When I run my laptop off the battery it works fine, but as soon as I plug into the mains it slows down all programmes making the most basic of tasks take ages. Also, after running a load of scans to identify the 'virus' I have now lost my internet. The router is fine as it works on my PS3, and I can't diagnose the problem because it comes up with a runtime error. So, is anyone familiar with the power supply slowing down a laptop? And does anyone know how to fix the internet? Any advice appreciated!

Is the laptop set to go to High Performance when you plug in the power? If not it might be set to go to a different setting which downclocks the CPU.

I have tried different power settings but with no luck. Am wondering if a new power adaptor for the laptop, which is fujitsu, will sort it. Still no luck with the internet though.

Ok ive sorted the Internet now. The laptop runs perfectly just running off the battery its just when i plug it to the mains that it slows right down. Am going to get a new mains adaptor and see if that has any impact...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom