Video Card Testing software -- Yes this problem is still haunting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Video Card Testing software

If all goes well with Riddick then it's safe to say it was a PSU related issue then?

Give me a day or so. However since i was able max out Riddick last night, it's a good sign that it's the PSU.

I just had my first BSOD with the same page error.
And this time I was just booting up in windows.

- Video Card.
- Motherboard.

I would really like to avoid having to RMA my motherboard over christmas break.

[EDIT]One thing that i have been noticing that before game crashes, my monitor will quickly go black and turn on again. At first, I though this might of been a power surge. However just then I noticed this flicker, the game will freeze, and then I will have my BSOD. I am going to change the video card over as I have a spare FX8600 512Mb as see how that goes.[/EDIT]

Same error is popping up again with the new video card. Has to be motherboard.

Unless I can get a direct contact with directly with Gigabyte some time next week, I am just going to have to wait until the new year to get this matter sorted out. I don't like RMAing any thing over the christmas break.

So I am going to do deal with that in the new year.

[EDIT]I don't think this is going to do much, however I have updated my BIOS to the latest version. At this stage, the problem is intermittant. 95% of the time, the BSoD is only happening when I am playing games. Some times this is happening every 30 minutes of play, other times I can get an entire night with out any issues. Provided that it does not get any worse that this, I can tollerate it.

Anyways, I just flashed the BIOS and installed the oringal HD4890 back in as see how that goes first.[/EDIT]

Sucks to here it's something you have to RMA, hope it goes alright with mailing so you can get a replacement quick. Good luck with it though :).

Sucks to here it's something you have to RMA, hope it goes alright with mailing so you can get a replacement quick. Good luck with it though :).

I got a back up plan for the christmas holiday break just in case they can not get the motherboard back from RMA by Christmas time. However i have found that a lot of distributors at this time of the years seem quickly process RMA by giving out new replacement stock or issueing credit notes. So I am hoping that i can luck out on that.

In the means time, I am getting my back up plan ready. However I will need to clear a hard drive first.

Good News. I had my supplier call me up yesturday afternoon and he was able to organise the straight swap with the motherboard. I will be picking that up in a few hours times.

GAH!!!! I am still getting the occasion BSoD with the new replacement MoBo.
Not as bad as a last time. I am going to see about testing the ram module that I got back from RMA first.
A few week ago, I did have 1 ram module that failed MemTest. I only got the replacement back the day before getting my MoBo back.

I will also need to see if this is happening on other games besides Champions Online. There as been a few reports of BoSD with people running ATi Video cards on that came.

This problem has been haunting me for the last 3 months. Most of the time, I have been ignoring it. 2 days ago, I findally got around to changing the power supply. It's a coolermaster 750W.

However tried playing Borderlands and 15 minutes into the game I get the same BSoB.

Occasionally i get windows telling me that there is a memory problem. however I have run memory tests all night long, and not get a single error.
However there has been ther times where I have been bitorrenting over night and then have the computer restart itself.

[EDIT]I am replacing the heat sink from the Asus LionSquare back to AMD Stock Heat Sink.[/EDIT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom