**The LINPACK Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: **The Official TF LINPACK Thread**

Didn't get a chance last night, but I doubt it would have worked anyway since most of my overclocks are unstable. :p

I would like to run "Linpack", but I just formatted my hdd , and apparently I don't have the necessary software to open a 7Z file. What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

Win rar does just about everything you need archive wise. i haven't run into a format ti can't handle. it even tries to open up iso's (successfully).

OK , I ran it at 3.6 ghz with my E8400. Normally I have it at 4ghz+ , but my temps went ballistic!! Are you guys watching your temps when running this? I have never seen temps even close to this when running Prime95 at 4.23ghz! Anyway , here it is at 3.6 (stock voltage). Please note the max temp in Real Temp.

Attachments

• LinX 3 pass all memory.jpg
    LinX 3 pass all memory.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 116

I have a feeling that this program will expose weaknesses in a lot of computers. Is there anything that stresses a CPU like Linpack? I thought Prime95 was supposed to max things out , but apparently not to the same extent.

IBT (Intel Burn Test) stresses your cpu quite a bit. It runs linpack as well.

Yeah LINPACK and IBT are as tough as it gets to my knowledge. The only difference between the too is LINPACK gives you a score. IBT just makes sure you are stable.

Yup, I've testes my overclock with IBT and I've noticed that it was a lot more intense than prime95. And the temps rised at least 10ºC more than with prime95.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom