For the CAD or Photoshop guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

vader3120

Solid State Member
Anyone that does CAD (AutoCAD, Revit, Bentley, 3DS Max) or Photoshop or something similar, what graphics card are you running? I know autodesk has its 'reccommened' cards but im sure that there are others that work.

I myself just got a GTX 260 core 216 and haven't had the time to install software and start benchmarking.

I use a GTX260 with photoshop. It works great.

I believe Slay uses the 280 with CAD but I could be wrong.

What kinda CAD work you doing? You using Hardware Acceleration? Not a whole lot of people in the CAD community are using these kind of cards (mostly Fire FL series or Quadro FX), then again most are using office computers.

I do Residential Design using AutoCAD and Autodsys ArchT. I've used a few FireGL and Quadro cards in the past but I'm not Designing Skyscrapers. The GTX 280 and a 4GHz i7 920 is screaming fast for my needs.

I have a GTX 285 and run CS4; haven't tried any CAD software yet. Used to run CS2 on a 7600GTS, then a 8800GTS 320mb...and CS3 on the same 8800GTS, then an 8800GT. Now I'm using my GTX 285.

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. Just trying to get a feel for what some others are using.

I run the setup below for AutoCAD, 3ds Max, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup etc.

The only thing that can make a dent is 3ds Max on massive scenes but that is usually not a problem (often using OpenGL will help alot). Sometimes Illustrator can get a bit twitchy when using massive layouts (im talking 6 A0 boards though...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom