Sound lost when installing gpu drivers for gts 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
As the title says, I lose sound after installing the latest drivers for my 250gts. Am upgrading from a 9800gt. I uninstalled the old drivers, then installed the new ones but no sound after that. I'm running vista 64.

I've uninstalled the drivers at which point sound comes back but if i install again then I lose the sound. I tried removing the sound drivers and installing them after the vid drivers but that didn't make a difference.

Any ideas?

That video card have HDMI?

Chances are the GPU's onboard soundcard are overriding your default sound card in windows... Try pointing your os back to your original card and not the GPU, I have to do this every time I switch between an HDMI output and regular outputs....

Yep you need to change playback devices in Sound properties. If you do not plan on using hdmi then set your sound card as the default playback device.

Yeah that happens a lot, it used to happen with some of the older DVI cards too before ATI updated the drivers.

Yeah, that was the first thing I checked and it didn't seem to make a difference which play back device I put it onto....I'll fiddle with it some more tonight when I get home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom