Wireless adaptor and 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

chump

Baseband Member
After installing my new 64bit windows 7 everything worked fine until about 1-2 weeks ago after a small update and now my computer does not recognize my wireless adapter on Windows 7.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of obtaining a driver?

Model WMP300N Wireless-N PCI adapter Linksys
Windows 7 home 64-bit (XP 32 on second HD which still works)

the linksys website only has an old driver from 2007 that does not specify what OS it is for. I will try to rollback and let you know what happens.

Have you contacted Linksys to see if they plan on releasing a Win7 Driver? The Os has been out for almost 2 months now. They should have a driver out for it by now. Linksys is the only ones that can help with this as it is their responsibility to create proper drivers. Not Microsoft's.

alright contacting them now. Ive tryed to use the vista driver but still nothing. The adaptor just doesn't seem to turn on, on my windows 7 side...its weird because it did for a while. i think it stopped after a small update to win7.

If any thing, see if you can use a Vista 64-bit driver. I know that I am doing that on my rig with my NetGear WGN111 USB adaptor.

well for a while now i've been ignoring this problem and just using windows xp. But i really to use my windows 7 now. Alot of people have said that my wireless adapter is just not compatible. Can anyone suggest a fast and relatively cheap adapter? i'm looking for wireless N,dual band PCI slot. I have been using linksys since thats what my router is but any suggestions for faster internet and a better gaming experience would be great

Hey mate, I've been having this exact same problem!

I was using away at windows 7 64 bit with the adapter working completely fine, I updated windows and then did a bios flash and then restarted the pc using default bios settings, since then my adapter has not worked either! I'm using a belkin F5D7050 Wireless adapter, i got the windows 7 64 bit drivers again and it still dosent work, it's strange because my adapter is coming up in devices and printers but upon installing the drivers it tells me to insert my notebook card even though im running a desktop, i just click ok and it goes straight to the finished page and tells me to restart, very strange problem , might be connected to yours.

Fixed my problem by getting my broken USB 600n adapter and fixing it for it work long enough for windows to get the drivers for my adapter automatically. I actually think the computer thinks its the USB one but really its the PCI one since I unplugged the USB one.

I want to mark as solved but cant find that option ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom