video card recalls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulofadra6on

Baseband Member
i went to fry's today and the top shelf with the high end cards was empty...this included GTX295s, HD5870s, HD5970s. the sales person said all those were recalled from the manufacturer. I wanna know if he was just talking air out of his butt, or were these cards recalled for various issues?

Well if there was a gpu recall of that magnitude it sure would be news to me.

If it were true forums would be lit up with threads like Christmas trees about it and I have seen none.
Last big recall I remember was the nvidia notebook gpu recall.

Did the air smell? That would help you locate which part of his body it came from. I bet it smelled bad. :)

Hope it's not a recall. He might have been just telling you off if they just didn't have any in stock or something.

haha, well. seems to me they were just out of stock..the 295 has been out for a while so i doubt that would have been recalled. another salesman with crap information at frys

If they are all from the same manufacture, they may have found a flaw in how they built the cards and recalled all there stock... That can/does happen, and hardly makes the news, now if it was an entire line like Nvidia, then yea, but it was probably a no name manufacture selling high end gpus that made a recall...

Pretty much all the high end cards seem to be out of stock most places. The best thing on the egg available is the 285.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom