geforce 8800 GT 512 on win7 32-bit Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so the psu power is can cause the gpu getting slower? means i need to upgrade the PSU?

No, the PSU won't have any effect. Since the computer wouldn't boot in the first place if there was a problem of insufficient power.

No, the PSU won't have any effect. Since the computer wouldn't boot in the first place if there was a problem of insufficient power.

I can't agree with that. At start-up the card isn't being fully utilized and they can and do start-up an work with low power (2D mode). It is not until a game/program activates 3D mode that the card really starts consuming it's Full Power requirements.

But I'm wondering what the card's temperatures are. It sounds more like the card is just starting to overheat. Like it's running right on the line of "ok" and "not ok". I would remove the card and remove it's heatsink. Clean the card and the heatsink with compressed air. Clean the actual gpu with alcohol, let it dry and add new thermal compound. Then Re-assemble the card and see if it's back to normal.

the last time i checked it when i was running XP it was at 66%. Okay thats a first hint the GPU temp is there anything else apart from that?

By 66% I assume you mean 66 degrees? i.e. 66C.
Is that at idle or while you're playing a game? Cos if it's idle that's way too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom