Budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikka250

Beta member
Have around $500 or so for the components to build a general pc. Thinking of using Windows 7. Realize this is an extra $100 or so. With the budget of $500 it seems AMD is the way to go. Need some recoomendations on Mboard, processor, memory, Hard drive-seems Western digital black?, DvD/RW, video card, sound card if possible and really needed etc... Would buy parts from various online vendors. Any help much appreciated. Can go higher in the budget if it really will be that much of a benefit.

Thanks for the advice. Noticed $105 for Windows 7 was included in the total of $473 for the various components. Can spend that $105 on upgrades and probably another $50 or so if needed. Would like your opinion on the following upgrades below and if they are worth it. Also, if you have other suggestions than the listed upgrades in that price range.

1) Antec 200 case to a 300 case extra $15
2)Athlon II X2 240 Regor combo deal to a Phenom II X2 550 or 720. Athlon II X2 combo deal $108. Not sure what motherboard would be needed for Phenom need recommendation. The Phenom 550 is $102 without motherboard.
3) G Skill 4gb DDR2 Sdram $82 not sure if any upgrade is needed but if $25 or so is needed.
4) FSP group SAGA 400r/400w Power supply $40 to Antec EA430 $50.
5) Sony Optiarc Black 24x DVD+R etc... $28 from what I read a basic drive should suffice?
6) WD Hard drive black 500gb 7200 rpm 32mb cache $70 can get a 640 gb WD for an extra $5 so if it will work the same will get it. Noticed the 1TB used FALS in the end of its model # is this the same as the 500gb and 640gb versions? Cost is $109.

Also, in your original suggestions for the build, I did not see a separate video card but the one that comes with the motherboard? Anything in the $50-$75 range for a separate video card?

Thank you for your help.

Looking over the set up you got there I take it that being a pc for general use your not including a graphics card .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom