Memtest86

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
I've been getting crashes recently, and I wasn't sure why. So I checked my Hard drive with a seagate tool and it came out good. I ran memtest86, and it froze during the test. It was my 1st time using memtest, and I hope someone could help me out, in translating what memtest is saying before it crashes.

It freezes during test 2, and it shows the following on the left side:

Bits in error_total: 32. Min:1. Max:32. Avg: 16
Max Contiguous Errors: 2

I'm currently using Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2x1GB stix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bad ram. Try one stick at a time to see which one it is. Could also be a bad slot so try them in different slots as well.

The RAM was awesome for overclocking; but doesn't seem to last long......... this is my 2nd 2x1 stix of these. It seems they only last a year, LOL.

Anyways, I've been really busy; but I'm gonna test each stick individually and find out which one is bad.

Oh yea, beautiful overclockers, but, they appear to get a bit to hot for there own good... I think that's the reason all mine went out except this last one, ended up putting a 120mm fan above the stick and that has helped it cool down, and still going...

I finally got around to testing each stix individually, and I found the bad one............. now I have 3 1gb stix to RMA to Crucial........... sad.

I'm actually selling my current rig to a friend. I didn't want to sell him a rig that has problems, and I noticed my computer would crash every now and then; and most likely was the RAM. Thx to memtest86 and Hefe's suggestion of testing each stix individually, I know for certain it's just the RAM.

Since we are on the topic of RAM anyways, for DDR3-1600:

Corsair Dominator GT 2x2GB 7-7-7-20 or

G.Skill RipJaws 2x2GB 7-7-7-24?

Are the Dominators worth the extra $50 CAD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom