Windows XP reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesj

Solid State Member
A few days ago my HD crashed & I had to replace it. When I reinstalled windows there are somethings that don't seem to be the same. The one that bothers me the most is that when i'm scrolling down a page or web site it's not a smooth scrool. It's choppy. Iv'e gone into the control panel tried a few things & nothing changes. When I scroll I use the up, down botton or the curser. Any help on this would be greatly appreicated.......O buy the way I have a lap top if that makes a difference.:(

charlesj said:
A few days ago my HD crashed & I had to replace it. When I reinstalled windows there are somethings that don't seem to be the same. The one that bothers me the most is that when i'm scrolling down a page or web site it's not a smooth scrool. It's choppy. Iv'e gone into the control panel tried a few things & nothing changes. When I scroll I use the up, down botton or the curser. Any help on this would be greatly appreicated.......O buy the way I have a lap top if that makes a difference.:(
It sounds like you need to download and install updated drivers for your notebook's video device (display driver). The best recommendation would be to visit the notebook's manufacturer site (i.e. Dell, Gateway, Compaq, HP, etc.), and download other drivers specific to your machine ... including:
  • mainboard
  • mouse
  • network device
  • modem
  • usb
I also recommend visiting the Microsoft update site to make certain you have the latest security patches and service pack. A lot of time you will be offered a chance to download and install device driver updates when you are doing XP updates.

Open internet explorer and click "extra" I think. Then search for the Smooth scroll setting, I think advanced tab.

I've already tried the smooth scrool settings & the only
thing it did was to slow down the choppy scrolling......

upgrade your video card drivers and install directx 9

actually installing directx 9 actuall gave me that problem once.

uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom