Is this pc worth $130?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTRacer

Beta member
Greetings all,
Im looking to purchase a computer to play games on but when it comes to computers, I dont know a thing about them. As you can probably tell by my name, Im a car guy so idk what I'm really looking at when I look at specs. I ran across this one on craigslist and I'm wondering if its actually worth the $130 obo asking price, heres what it has listed:
Manufacturer:
MSI
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
1024MB RAM
Hard Drive:
250 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
USB Root Hub
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

I really dont care about putting a game on all of the highest settings with no lag, I just want something cheap that will make the games playable. I have an older laptop at home that I do work on and surprisingly, it runs left 4 dead 1 and 2 as well as Batman Arkham Asylum decently but I recent bought Wolverine Origins and to put it nicely, the game isnt playable lol. Will this above setup play wolverine at a decent fps? Also how about NFS Shift? (Been dying to play that one but my girlfriend talked me into getting a Wii a while back instead of an Xbox...Again, Idc if its the most beautiful thing ever (i care more about gameplay over graphics) If it wont, can I upgrade it for cheap to be able to run them at playable rates? Finally, is that a fair price for this system? Thanks in advance guys, sorry, but Im a complete noob when it comes to computers...

There's not much RAM, and the CPU is a little slow. The 8800GT will be good for playing most games on medium for a while.

However it's actually pretty good for only $130; you can get a couple gigs more RAM for $40-50 maybe (I'm not good with US prices :p), which will make that computer a great deal faster. CPU will be more expensive to upgrade, if you want to do that, entirely depending on how high you want to go.
What motherboard it has will affect how high you can upgrade in future.

eh..I guess for that price you can't really go wrong..it's basically what type of comp you'd expect for that price. I've seen worse comps on sale for that price but never really better ones so I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom