First building experience was terrible (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted the link to all the specs I have above, post right before yours. Scroll down a bit, u can see me and trotter discussed a bit and finnaly I switched what mobo and ram.

As far as the beeps, its 2 very fast ones back to back, and then a very short pause, then 8 beeps.

If my computer beeps and fails to boot, what do the beeps mean? - Knowledge Base

ok I read your post and from what I'm gathering it could be either 2 items: ram itself or possibly mobo is dead on arrival.... :(
Also I looked at your mobo you gotten and at least 3 people from last month and starting in december have reported DOA with this mobo....

Let's not give just yet, ask someone who might have ddr2 ram if you can use theirs and test it in your system tomorrow if the computer does "POST" then your new ram is at fault, if it does not the motherboard is actually bad after all.

Ask newegg,com if you can do a exchange on a better motherboard in the same price range keep your components to yourself so that you can retry this again.
I'll look to see what you posted late in the morning.

MikeFuryXP

Gumbi, when you see this message post back a reply with any new updates, I want to know what happen...

Ok, i took your advice and ddidn't give up! I actually needed to change the jumper settings, it was on clear, not normal. So now theres no beeping, however, i still can't get a signal on my monitor, one problem at a time I guess. Any ideas what it could be now?

Have you removed the gpu and just plugged into the onboard card? Also just run 1 ram stick.

I know this sucks not getting things going, but when you do, it'll be a great feeling!

You should get 1 beep

Do you have a digital camera? maybe snap some clear pictures of the connections.

Ok thanks everyone for all the help, I'll have pitcures and try everything out and let you guys know tonight.

Camrea batteries dead, gotta get new ones tomorrow. But for now i can tell u I have 2 cords not connected. One has the label USB
One has the label AC'97.
Also my graphics card has some cords that came with it, i'll post them as idk what to do with them, but pics up tomorrow. Thanks a ton again for all the help guys, saves me money from bringin it in to the shop[

Camrea batteries dead, gotta get new ones tomorrow. But for now i can tell u I have 2 cords not connected. One has the label USB
One has the label AC'97.
Also my graphics card has some cords that came with it, i'll post them as idk what to do with them, but pics up tomorrow. Thanks a ton again for all the help guys, saves me money from bringin it in to the shop[

WAIT!!!!
You mean to tell me that your graphics card came with cords ?! :)

Try this please reinsert the card that card has or (SHOULD) have pci-e1 cable.
Put that cable right beside the pci express 16 slot and push it in gently.
Try that now and post back, I'll be back in about 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom