Memory Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjett

Beta member
I am not sure if this is the best place for this question, but here I go.
I have a Toshiba Satellite, and earlier today I got a blue screen while searching the web on Mozilla. After rebooting my laptop everything was REALLY slow. I quickly rebooted again to see if it would improve the performance, and it did as far as I can tell; However when I look in task manager the performance doesn't look the same as it normally does. I am far from an expert when it comes to what my performance should look like, so I wanted to see if someone could tell me if this is okay.
My physical memory is reading:
Total 3837
Cached 2700
Free 0

All the other times that I remember looking at my performance it would show the cached memory half that and the other half in the free memory. Is this okay? From what I understand, it is okay to have a high number in cached memory but it is not okay to have no free memory. Is this correct? I really don't have any big programs running, and when I look at the processes running there is nothing that seems out of the ordinary.

Any advice on what is going on?

You could run a free memory diagnostic program like memtest+ to see if there is something physically wrong with the memory.

That does seem like a LOT cached. I'm running 7 right now with a few programs open and i only have 839 cached.

It would be a good idea to run malwarebytes and windows malicious software removal tool, both in safemode to see if there is anything eating up memory that shouldn't.

Thanks I will try that. I run malwarebytes and AVG, but I have not run them in safe mode. I will let you know if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom