Video Card Testing software -- Yes this problem is still haunting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Video Card Testing software

Sounds like heat maybe?

My side panel is currently off. And I am still getting errors.
PC has more than enough airlow with the number of fans I have installed.

Putting my hand in and feeling around with out touching any thing, most of the heat is coming from the GPU.

I am still thinking that this problem might be PSU related. Reason why i say this is that i was not having any BSODs until i changed the Power Supply around. I got a second hand Cooler Master 750 which I am going to install when i get to work.

I have ran Mem Test on all my memory modules. 1 of my 4 modules failed the test. But that module has been returned for RMA over a week ago.

I am really hoping that it's not the motherboard as i really do not want to be changing that at this time of the year.

Under windows 7, is there any place where Windows might dump a record of what those BSOD messages are saying?

Not sure about that one man, sounds like a question for Mak. Give the PSU change a try and see how it goes after that....what PSU is in it now?

I think your power supply will end up being the problem. I would only suspect the mobo if you were having issues with other mobo related components.

Looking thru the thread I don't see anything about testing the cpu. If it's producing the occasional error that could cause your problems. It could be as easy as replacing the thermal paste, a quick Prime95 or LinX run can't hurt.

Computers only shut down like that due to a bad power supply or overheating.

A bad PSU is more likely the problem.

What sites can you order from?

Plan of action will be
1. Replace PSU
2. Replace Video Card
3. Then I will start looking at MoBo and processors.

What sites can you order from?
Got the parts via work via my wholesale suppliers.

Will be looking into this problem ASAP. If there is a part that needs replacing, then I would like to see if I can get that down before every thing closes down for Christmas.
I got a spare PSU and Video card. MoBo on the other hand.

sesarch for *.dmp
I will be looking at them shortly.

Not sure about that one man, sounds like a question for Mak. Give the PSU change a try and see how it goes after that....what PSU is in it now?

Right now, it's a GM700. Will be looking at changing it over with a 2nd hand Coolermaster 750W

Sounds like heat maybe?

You might be right on this one.

In removiing the PSU I have noticed that there is a lot of dust around the GPU HSF.
Rather surprising as my current appartment does not come across to be as being that dusty in the first place.

I have just cleaned it out. I have installed a filter on the case fan that is on top of the GPU. I might see about picking up some thing like a Lamptron Classic Fanguard with Filter 120mm this afternoon if I can find one.

I am going to install the original GM700 PSU in there and see how that goes first.
If the same problems happens again, then I will worry about changing the PSU

I know how you feel. My place seems like it wouldn't collect much dust and I don't open the windows often, but it is surprising how quickly dust build up really happens. Sounds like you have a plan...update the thread and let us know what's what, and good luck man :thumbsup: hopefully you don't need to replace anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom