Looking for help, Building a server based mobo PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream build would be around $10K and totally unnecessary.

My sig is the happy medium between dream and reality. Except with a better gpu.

Look at the posted builds already. There is a reason why when you go to build sites that they do not sell dual cpu gaming systems. :)

10k ******n man

So i duel cpu gamming system is out of the question with xp right ?

and i think ima go with what you posted, if theres any other higher GHz that than proc i might get that.

that Mobo looked AMAZING and the 12"incher video card can fit in my case, think i should go for that?

Yes.

You can get a higher clocked cpu than the i7 920 but they are a complete waste of money. Mine is clocked higher than the stock clocks of any of those.

Grab that ATI card if you can find one.

Also with that build unless your have xp 64bit get win7 64bit as you will need a 64bit OS to use all of the ram you have. Just because you may have to get win7 64bit does not mean you should get a dual cpu board.

Because looks is always my first priority in choosing a motherboard...

Stick with the i7 920. Anything higher is a waste of money for what you get.

Yes.

You can get a higher clocked cpu than the i7 920 but they are a complete waste of money. Mine is clocked higher than the stock clocks of any of those.

Grab that ATI card if you can find one.

Also with that build unless your have xp 64bit get win7 64bit as you will need a 64bit OS to use all of the ram you have. Just because you may have to get win7 64bit does not mean you should get a dual cpu board.

i use a 64-bit OS, XP Pro 64-bit. I do not want to get 7, can i work around this ?

I agree with, well, everyone. Dual CPU machines do not make good value gaming machines just as much as a gaming machine doesn't make a stable, reliable server. Ultimately you will save money from building two separate machines and get a better result to boot.
I can definitely help you choose hardware for the server if you want.

Well thank you for considering that :] the only problem is last time i bought my PC i payed 4k for my parts, it was the best processor on newegg and the best videocard biggest harddrive etc. and now its a pile of crap, and i understand that no one will buy a PC that never needs an upgrade, but i cant even put most videocards in it because its not x16 2.0. i doubt i could put a quad core in it, etc. I was just tyring to buy something that i can upgrade in the near future without replacing my mobo.
You could build this machine today. Spend $8000 or more on this dual CPU machine and guess what? In 6 months it too will be out performed by the newest machines. This is what happens in the PC world. Deal with it.

If you even bothered to read my posts you would see that i gave links and that the parts i mentioned are well beyond your budget. Heck the mother board itself is almost half of yoru cost. The Dual CPU's would break your bank. That doesnt even include RAM.

If you want a build for the budget you have. Start a new thread. This one is done with. There is nothing more that needs to be said in this thread cause it jsut cant be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom