First building experience was terrible (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid 15 dollars for SATA cables.

But I also got a dozen of them. :/

Do it right, save a few bucks, and grab them off NewEgg, unless you got a computer hobby store nearby.

Ok, problem number 2. It all powers on and all the fans turn on and everything! Except, it wont come on the monitor. Any idea what the problem may be? The monitor cord is plugged up to the graphics card, but the graphics card is running fine it seems like. Like I said, it all turns on and lights up, but doesn't come up on the screen. The Mobo beeps and everything.

It only beeps when I put my ram in. No beeps with no ram, but beeps with ram

Let's take it down a notch.....
Take out your graphics card temporarily and plug it into the onboard graphics port on the mobo.
Turn on your pc again and see what might happen it should post normally and show the bios logo.
When it does that go into the bios screen by pressing f1 or the esc key.

About the ram how much memory sticks did you put in ? let's try only one for right now and see if you the mobo beeps at you.

If it beeps twice and posts the logo on the monitor, then your cool to move on to setup your pc some more.
I really do hope that your new build works there is nothing more sad than your new computer not working with you, had that problem 3 times with that **** like socket 478 Pentium 4 and celeron refusing to post anything...

I only put one stick in at a time.
With no ram, no video card = no beeps.
With no ram, video card. =no beeps.
with ram, no video card= beeps.
with ram, video card=beeps.

I have tried everything I can think of, put the ram in every single slot and everything. Not plugged up to the monitor or anything, It just beeps, which I'm sure It would do whether its hooked up to a monitor or not.
So i'm positive its not the graphics card (which doesn't beep) and is the ram, since the mobo only beeps with ram in it. I have 2 sticks of ddr2 ram, and neither stick work (different brands too!) idk what to do im so lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom