Should of acted earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

disorder

Beta member
Ok I know i should of acted earlier but, i didn't so here it goes. I have a toshiba satellite something or the other but toshiba released a bios update through the service station sometime around oct. So i downloaded it and thats when my problems started. I don't know if it is a coincidence or not but shortly after i started to experience crashes, more appropiatley the bsod. Followed by a reboot. I didnt write down the errors i know my bad. I know it refered to a windows process unexpectedly ending or missing (possibly just a generic message). But i ignored this problem and drove on. It would crash every 3 or 4 days. Then it became more frequent. I recently updated all my drivers using 3dpchip to include video, audio, motherboard and cpu drivers. Now my computer will not run in anything but safe mode. Even in safe mode it sometimes freezes. It will load windows very slowly and then freeze shortly after. It makes me think there is a memory or ram problem. I ran the windows memory diag and repair tool which, helped marginaly. I also restored to the earliest date i could which was before the driver updates but not before the bios update. As a side not the computer ran fine after the driver updates for a couple days before it completly crapped out. I used all of the windows tools to include the defrag which, frooze somewhere through and i had to hold the power button down to reboot it,and all the chkdisc and system scans. My virus scan also freezes around 25% complete (kaperskys spelling?). I dont know how to enable the drivers in safe mode to check to see if it is one of them. And i used msconfig to turn off all unesecary or unknown startup apps. I also used the registry checker to fix any problems there. All of the scans and checks returned no problems and errors. Another reason i think it is the memory or ram is as i said everything in safe mode runs slow and freezes briefly sometimes but also, the repair computer bootup option will freeze, hit f8 when booting. Any suggestion besides drop-kicking it in the face are welcome (i already tried that). I do have internet acess through safe mode with networking. I also looked in the event viewer and the problems and solutions app but no errors get reported. BTW I am stuck in Iraq so it may take time to reply to peoples post. Thanks in advance.

Need to know what version of Windows you are running to be of any help.

Oh yeah sorry Its Vista 64 sp2...intel core dou processor, 4mhz speed?, 3gb of ram, intel 4500 graphic chipset, sound card is realtek i think. 200 gig hard drive about half full, and kaperskies (spelling?) antivirus up to date. again thanks in advance.

Check out how to do a inplace upgrade for Windows Vista. It is the only way to do a repair install and still keep your data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom