how do i check my motherboard socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

askquest1on

In Runtime
how do i check my CPU socket my CPU is a AMD sempron2.00ghz single core, was planning on replacing so i could see the other CPU options i have to look at.

Or you could use something like CPU-Z, it will tell you what CPU socket you have IIRC.

^^ Yep easier. CPUID

VV See red boxes for where to find your cpu type and motherboard info. VV

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 4,450
That is one way, and another is Belarc Advisor, which can give you that info as well.

EDIT: errr, well I thought so, but it doesn't. Anyway, as the others said CPU-Z is probably the easiest way.

That is one way, and another is Belarc Advisor, which can give you that info as well.

EDIT: errr, well I thought so, but it doesn't. Anyway, as the others said CPU-Z is probably the easiest way.

Just to clear this up some, Belarc Advisor tells mostly everything one would need to know, but it does not get incredibly specific unless your looking into your software keys/versions.

Although, Belarc DOES provide most Motherboard model numbers and your Processor type.

Well I went into Belarc Advisor right after I posted just to make sure I was right, and I did not see the socket type, but it did show the processor and everything about it, basically. I have found as a couple others mentioned, that CPU-Z works great for CPU type and socket information. But as you said, Corrosive, Belarc is detailed in some specific areas more than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom