Choosing new 850W PSU, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartech

In Runtime
I need a PSU for my new i7 system built, after many calculations i came to conclusion that i'll go with 850W power supply. I'll be glad if u help me decide on specific models. Here what i have found in order of price (decreasing):

Enermax Revolution85+ 850W

PC Power & Cooling PPCS910 Silencer 910W

Corsair HX 850W CMPSU-850HXeu

Thermaltake Toughpower QFan W0204R 850W

Zalman ZM850-HP 850W

Corsair TX 850W

OCZ OCZ850GXSSLI GameXStream 850W SLI

Some of them are single rail, some multi, some ATX12 v2.3 some ATX12 v2.2. I don't know whats better. Want to hear ur opinion on the models above, incl. reliability, noise, functionality etc.

Thanks

If money was not an issue, then I would get the PC Power & Cooling

The Corsairs are also rock solid.

I agree with Whirlwind and Hefe...PCP&C and Enermax are a bit on the spendy side but excellent PSU's, Corsair quality is also excellent and have very reasonable price tags. Snag one off of Newegg to get a good price and customer service.

Agreed... If money wasn't issue then PC Power&Cooling or the Corsair HX

If money is a concern, and you don't want modular, Corsair TX

Scince corsair HX turned out to be unaviable at local stores I think in the direction of TX 850.

I have two questions about it: Is it a reasonably quiet one??? its very important. And also its ATXv2.2 (not 2.3), is it at any importance for running overclocked i7 system???

Or else it is worth to spend buck for enermax? (which 6 rails are not so important i think, also i have pretty organized case (Element S) in terms of cables, so i do not exactly need modular.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom