i5 Build, Comments Sought for newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

master of disaster

Beta member
Howdy
After lurking here and maxpc for the past few months I've decided to pull the trigger on a new build. I already have a 1920x1080 23 inch monitor, keyboard and mouse. I've been stuck in the netbook and old thinkpad world but would like to get back into desktop games, photo editting, and whatever else I can find to waste time doing. Granted, the last pc game I played was quake, but I am looking to try the call of duty series, and whatever else I can find.

This is the build I've put together on newegg after perusing many posts here.

IMC FX-087 All-in-one USB 2.0 Card Reader

Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

XFX HD-585A-ZNBC Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB Black Edition 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported ...

Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

IMC FX-087 All-in-one USB 2.0 Card Reader - Retail

OCZ Obsidian 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I5750 - Retail

Win7 1pack for system builders.

I ask the collective wisdom for input.

Thanks
Rich
Frisco, CO

Which mobo are you picking? I would recommend the Asus P7P55D or the Asus P7P55d if you're planning to run a second GPU later. If you're planning on running a second GPU I would buy a 750W card from Antec or Corsair.

Regarding the HDD I would buy a smaller WD Black for the OS and apps and the Green for the data.

Everything else seems good to me.

I agree completely with farinha, except that there is such a thing as a 750W card :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom