Waterblocks for GTX 285?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
I've been looking everywhere for one, and can't seem to find one that's not already attached to a card :tongue:

Anyone think they can find me a water block for a GTX 285? I plan on going to water cooling soon :) thanks.

Thanks for that link! I had no idea it would be so expensive, however... Guess I'll hafta wait on water cooling a little longer. Thanks again.

What's that unisink thing? That first link is what I'm looking for, many thanks :)

I'm guessing finding one for the LA775 socket would be much easier? I haven't bothered looking for one of those yet, but I just assumed places like NewEgg would sell 'em.

the unisink is to cool what the actual block doesnt. vreg's, ram, shaders, etc

newegg sells that mcw60 block for cheaper than petras, but if you call petras and ask them nicely to price match they might.

here is a good 775 block
Petra's Tech Shop

Thanks for the links. What's a good pump? I have a budget of ~$200. What else would I need? A filter? I'm kind of new to water cooling, I'm going to give that water cooling thread a good comb over before I do too much :p

good pump:
Petra's Tech Shop
with this:
Petra's Tech Shop currently out of stock :(

If you have nothing something along these lines will get you started:
Petra's Tech Shop

Good water cooling is not cheap. I would try to increase your budget to closer to $300 to do it right. If not you will end up replacing most of it later. So $300 now or $200 now with $200 later.

Ya a budget of $300 should do it.. I'm going to bed but.. I'll setup a loop for you and post tomorrow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom