Crashing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderbox

Baseband Member
Alright so heres my problem, my computer is constantly freezing and has recently started crashing pretty much every time i try to use it. I reinstalled windows on my current HD when this happened once before and it worked fine for a few months then started freezing and crashing again recently.
This also happened when i first build my pc and i thought it was the HD so i bought a new one but now the same problem, is there a possibility that it may be the motherboard and not the HardDrives?

Well it could be,Does it make any beeping sounds when you first boot it? when does it most of the time crash/freeze? or is it random as far as you can tell?

No beeping sounds, and its mostly random it could freeze as soon as i log in or it could work fine for 30 minutes then freeze.

If it gets worse as the OS install gets older look into things like virus's, spyware and possibly installed programs causing this freezup. A lot of times freezes are caused by heat issues, but if a fresh install of windows doesn't freeze up on you then heat isn't the issue and hardware probably isn't either.

Look at the even logs on the PC to see if anything is causing the freezup like a driver or software issue.

Ok so it boots fine? Can you leave your computer on without touching it?

Well most of the time it boots normally, today when i brought the computer out of sleep there was an error message that instructed me to press ctr-alt-dlt to reboot the system and i have noticed some longer then usual boot times.
Yes i can leave it on without touching it.

In the event log what exactly would i be looking for? But i see there is an error that has occurred many times it says the source is Atapi and the message says "The Driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide/IdePort2"

if it freezes up when you use it,It may be overheating ,or it may just be a virus.
See if there is alot of build up in your computer dust,and such,next i would suggest geting some anti virus.malware bytes is a good start.Spbot searth and destroy.is another one.

Alright so today i downloaded malwarebytes and search and destroy ran them both no problems were detected i also downloaded a diagnostics tool for my hard drive no problems were detected there either and my temperatures have been at a steady 40 degrees Celsius.
I also checked for dust in my case, there really wasnt much build up at all and the dust i did see i cleaned off as best i could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom