New Power supply, no boot but signal lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max741

Beta member
Hi, new guy here, Um...I just got a new BFG 450w PSU to try and run my Nvidia 6600 since that is considered medium end. I installed it correctly but on pushing the power button the PSU fan comes on and the three signal (diagnostic) lights come up; 1 3 &4. My computer is an Optiplex 320, 2GB ram, Nvidia 6600. When I remove the graphics card the computer starts normally, so i dont get why it wont start up with the NEW PSU. BTW the motherboard has no PCIe power connectors. Need help soon, please and thanks in advance.

Hi, new guy here, Um...I just got a new BFG 450w PSU to try and run my Nvidia 6600 since that is considered medium end. I installed it correctly but on pushing the power button the PSU fan comes on and the three signal (diagnostic) lights come up; 1 3 &4. My computer is an Optiplex 320, 2GB ram, Nvidia 6600. When I remove the graphics card the computer starts normally, so i dont get why it wont start up with the NEW PSU. BTW the motherboard has no PCIe power connectors. Need help soon, please and thanks in advance.

So this mobo has onboard video?

Do you mean the power supply has no PCIE connectors? Im not sure the 6600 needs one, but if it does, it needs to be plugged in.

What you can do, is disable the onboard video through the CMOS, when the graphics card is not installed, then shut down, and install the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom