E8600 CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends on what games we talking about. but if you did go dual 260's then the e6600 and e8600 would be close to a bottle neck. the q6600 however would not and it would be more "future proof" then just buying another dual core.

All of the information that i have personally read....points to the E8600 as being a far better cpu for GAMING....other than maybe GTA4....which I care nothing about anyway.

From what I have read it will OC to 4.0 Ghz on air with no problem.....I can't see that being a bottleneck for a GTX 260 SLI set up....but maybe I am wrong.

Anybody else care to comment....I would like to hear what a few more people think.

E8600 will very easily overclock to 4 ghz and usually beyond as long as you have a good mobo , RAM and heatsink. It will outperform the Q6600 in most games. Overclocked to 4 ghz or more , it shouldn't bottleneck sli gtx260's.

Thanks for all the input so far guys.....looks like everyone has their own views and reasons for liking one over the other. I love reading everyones view.

Anybody else have any input on this?

Good deal.....bad deal...Is it worth it?

I have to make a decision by today some timeif I want this 8600 cpu for $165 shipped.

I would do it to finish off your build with the best cpu possible for your board for your purposes. (unless they do come out with the E8700)

I would love to play with a 8600 to see if I could hit 5 with it but 4.0 should be easy.

Then again $165 goes a long way towards a new mb, cpu and ram.

If you are opening the lan store you were talking about then I would because this could become a gaming machine in the shop later.

I'm not sure where you live , Whirlwind , but I thought I should show you this : Micro Center - Core 2 Quad Processor Q9550 Boxed

Might be a little more future-proof , and you can overclock it as well.

Otherwise , I agree that the E8600 would be a lot of fun to play with!!:thumbsup:

I actually am about 60 miles from a microcenter...and would make the drive for that deal....except my mobo won't except anything over a Q6600

That is why I am thinking the E8600 is the best bet for me and my board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom