E8600 CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
I think i have found a core 2 duo E8600...it is used and they are asking $165 shipped for it.

Do you think it is worth that?

I would be moving up from a E6600.

I am thinking that is a pretty good deal, plus I should see a nice performance boost.

What do you guys think....Should I go for it?

Do you need a performance boost immediatly?
its a good price for the processor, but when the core-i5 is $200, its hard to recommend the E8600. Of course the core-i5 would mean a new mobo and ram and then its getting pretty expensive.

I would say take a look at this article. Its almost exactly what you need to look at.
Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2 - Review Tom's Hardware : Part 1: Building A Balanced Gaming PC

It compares graphics cards (including your gtx 260) with different processors. It uses the E6300 and E8400, and some others but those are the ones you need to look at. I think for the most part there might be a slight increase in performance (alot in the GTAIV bench, not so much in stalker), but you'll have to decide if that is enough for the new processor now. Or if you can hold out and save the money for a more comprehensive upgrade.

I really dont see any reason to but a new mobo just to put an i5 cpu in it.

Then I have about $350 in that....I would rather put the extra cash in another GTX 260 to be honest with you.

I mostly use my machine for gaming and a video card upgrade is alway nice in that respect.

I am thinking an E8600....a nice 24" LCD Monitor....and another GTX 260 in SLI....will make for an great upgrade and gaming experience.

I think i have found a core 2 duo E8600...it is used and they are asking $165 shipped for it.

Do you think it is worth that?

I would be moving up from a E6600.

I am thinking that is a pretty good deal, plus I should see a nice performance boost.

What do you guys think....Should I go for it?

not worth is for $165, i'd only pay about $130 for it. look for a Q6600 instead, since you want to keep your mobo and ram.

That plan's really solid.

$165 for an e8600 is amazing new, since it sells for $280 still.

I really did not think that the Quad would be very much of an increase as far as gaming goes.......I thought the E8600 would be a better boost.

You think the Quad would be better for gaming?

I really did not think that the Quad would be very much of an increase as far as gaming goes.......I thought the E8600 would be a better boost.

You think the Quad would be better for gaming?

depends on what games we talking about. but if you did go dual 260's then the e6600 and e8600 would be close to a bottle neck. the q6600 however would not and it would be more "future proof" then just buying another dual core.

do we know what gfx card that uses?

depends on what games we talking about. but if you did go dual 260's then the e6600 and e8600 would be close to a bottle neck. the q6600 however would not and it would be more "future proof" then just buying another dual core.
I dont think either is more future proof than the other, they are both a generation or more older already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom