GTX 260 OC prevents all video from workin

Status
Not open for further replies.

infl1ction90

Beta member
Ok, first, i dont think its the power supply not feeding enough power.
The fan on the GPU runs. But the problem i have is when i install the hardware onto my mobo, my screen stays black, with either VGA plug i use (the onboard or the card)
I take the card out, and voila the onboard works. I have tried uninstalling the onboard, disabling it (Device-manager, And BIOS)
Also, i have tried just installing the drivers on the GPU's CD with out the card installed, and it tells me i have no compatible hardware with the drivers.
The card requires 550W minimum, i have a 550W logisys.
Also, i have Windows XP pro x64 if that helps you.
i'm completely stuck, i have tried everything i can think of the get this to work.
This PC just got shipped to me yesterday from newegg, and everything else is working great.
I just need this card to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Well, now my priorities have changed....
I boot the system up without the 260 in it, and it runs the system check, then says,
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. I put the CD in, press enter, but it just keeps poppin back up.

**Disregard this, it was an error i made in BIOS, changed it back and is working fine now. On to the issue in the first post.**

Well,
PQI 4GB DDR2 667,
Wolfdale dual core, 2.85Ghz
Gigabyte Ga-G31m-es2l Mobo
160g HDD, western digital.
Windows XP pro x64.
Am i missing anything important? Haha.
*edit* PSU Logisys 575w model PS575xbk

Your Logisys Power Supply is a likely culprit. It's a cheap unit, spend some money wisely and buy a good, quality power supply. I suggest looking at a Corsair Power Supply.

So... Your saying the PSU is no good? There is absolutely no chance to get this to work?
The wattage on the PSU should work. The fans come on when i boot it up.
Just no video at all registers. Not even the onboard. It's like there is something wrong with it registering.

According to the manual 36Amps on the 12V rail is recommended.

looking at the different logisys psus at newegg they all seemed to have 25A on the 12v rail. Yours in particular only has 25amps on the 12v. :(

compare that to this Corsair 550.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
41A on the 12v rail.

Just because a psu meets the minimum wattage requirement for a card does not mean it has enough amps to power it.

logisys is one of the worst quality psus out there.

I wouldn't even use it as a paper weight or door stop.

After getting a better power supply such as the one Hef suggested or ones in the power supply guide:
Update video card drivers, and use a tool such as evga precision tool to increase fan speed and or decrease clocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom