Help taking the stand off an Acer monitor please

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
This is the monitor: Newegg.com - Acer X213Hbid Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 20000:1 (ACM) - LCD Monitors

I just bought a dual monitor stand so I could adjust the monitors height (If you own one or two of these, you'd know why, lol) And I can't seem to figure out how to take the stand off.. Not the V shaped thing, but the neck leading from the V shaped thing to the monitor itself. It sticks out below, making the setup a little less aesthetically pleasing than I would like.

I've heard all Acer monitors are the same, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I know how to get the base off, I just need to know how to get the neck off.

Have you looked at this?

NCIX FORUMS - Remove the stand? - Acer AL1916W 19IN Widescreen LCD Black 1...

Okay for anyone who still needs info on this, I just got off the phone with ACER. It's VERY easy as it turns out. The "cowling" or plastic cover over the hinge where the stand enters the back of the monitor just LOOKS like it's part of the back of the monitor. It actually pops right off if you just squeeze the sides of it, fit your fingernail under the edge and POP it right off. I really thought it was part of the back of the monitor, but it's not. Once it pops off you'll see 4 screws. The rest is self explanatory. You don't even need to take the based of the stand off, it has nothing to do with the 2 screws inside there.

Hope this helps if anyone's stuck with the same issue.

All Acer monitors have the same stand.
Snap off the cover on the back of the monitor. It appears to be attached to the monitor, but it's not. It just covers the pivot. It is long and has six snap points to the back of the monitor. I got my loose by playing around with a flat head screwdriver. Underneath are four screens.

Found something I could understand in that link, thanks :)

The stand on the X233H does come off easy ... once you learn the trick. I laid the monitor on it's face and reached across, behind the base of the stand where it connects to the back of the monitor, and pryed the covers off. The two covers are normaly flush with the back of the monitor, and create a tight fit all the way around, but have a little bump on the inner sides to allow the stand bracket to exit. Once those covers (about 1.25" x 1.25" each) are off you are four philips head screws away from stand-less bliss.

I had an HP stand that fit the VESA mounting holes, but is much more adjustable in terms of height tilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom