What to do with BSOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchan05

In Runtime
I got a BSOD caused by driver nvlddmkm.sys, which is the nvidia driver. I rolled it back. After that, what do I do?

Re-install the most up to date graphics driver. If it was the most up to date one and it continues to give you problems, then go back to a previous version.

You uninstall the nVidia drivers you have, then download the latest version of the driver for your card from nVidia's site.

nVidia has some of the best driver support I've seen around, and finding the right one is dead easy.

edit: and yes, like Carnage said, if you HAD the latest one and it was causing crashes, then download an older version.

Wait, but if I uninstall the drivers, wont that cause the monitor to stop working as well since I'll have no drivers?

Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm not sure if you read my previous post, but this laptop was at around a month ago stopped working (display). The guys at HP diagnosed it as a motherboard fault (since when they tested the different parts, using a spare motherboard got everything working fine again). It got returned to me in the same condition as it was sent in since I had no budget at the time to have the board replaced.

In such a scenario, do you think that the display driver is at fault? or do I likely have problems with the hardware already? it was also diagnosed to have overheated due to a clogged heatsink.

If you have tried older drivers, newer drivers and it still occurs its faulty hardware and if the computer is still under warranty you must complain your butt off to get them to repair or replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom