My New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light45

Baseband Member
OK guys i am new here and i have been reading people new computers there building and so i thought that i would put the specs for my new computer that i built a few weeks ago right not its not the best at what i want to do but it plays MW2 for me right now and its good enough(for now) feel free to tell me what my next upgrades should be

Case:Antec 300 $50
CPU:AMD Athlon LE-1640 $40
Mother Board:ASUS M3A76-CM $60
PSU:Cool Max V600W $30
GPU:HIS Radeon HD4670 1G $80
HDD:80G $0
Ram: PNY DDR2 1G $30
All of this was Built for under 300$

all the stuff that i got free was taken out of my old computer i will get a new HDD soon when i get my pay check and i am thinking about getting Windows 7 64-bit but not sure should i get it or not? and then later on i will upgrade my Mother Board and get an other GPU that i have and have Cross Fire so let me know what you guys think it would be much appreciated.

Light45

Well, you messed up cheaping out. :p

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Your motherboard can run this with a BIOS update.

Newegg.com - A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16KG - Desktop Memory
Since you are running XP 32-bit your computer can only address 3.5GB total memory (including vid card).

GIGABYTE GV-R485ZL-512H Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCI Express x16 (2.0v) Video Card Retail at ZipZoomfly
or
XFX Radeon HD 4870 Video Card - 512MB GDDR5, PCI Express 2.0 x16, CrossFireX Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI at TigerDirect.com
A single, more powerful card is always better than two weaker cards in SLI/CrossFire.

Be sure to check out the Power Supply thread to see what brands are dependable. I don't think Cool Max made the list.

Please note that none of this is required, nor is it in any way putting down your build. Your rig is already better than 95% of the bought boxes out there, plus you built it yourself. These are just ideas for improving it. ;)

Well, you messed up cheaping out. :p

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Your motherboard can run this with a BIOS update.

Newegg.com - A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16KG - Desktop Memory
Since you are running XP 32-bit your computer can only address 3.5GB total memory (including vid card).

GIGABYTE GV-R485ZL-512H Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCI Express x16 (2.0v) Video Card Retail at ZipZoomfly
or
XFX Radeon HD 4870 Video Card - 512MB GDDR5, PCI Express 2.0 x16, CrossFireX Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI at TigerDirect.com
A single, more powerful card is always better than two weaker cards in SLI/CrossFire.

Be sure to check out the Power Supply thread to see what brands are dependable. I don't think Cool Max made the list.

Please note that none of this is required, nor is it in any way putting down your build. Your rig is already better than 95% of the bought boxes out there, plus you built it yourself. These are just ideas for improving it. ;)

oh yeah i know its just that i had little money to do it and well that's what i am saving up to build later on but i just wanted to be able to play the majority of the games out there and that's what i am being able to do but again thank you for your input it will be taken into much consideration when i do deiced to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom