PROJECT : Kill Kitty (Now with nude pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PROJECT : Kill Kitty

40cm? I might not have to get another 3 pin extension then (for the bottom fan on the cm690).

There is no problem there. I was able to hook up that fan with the able provided from the fan controller.

The gear from MCP Tech came in yesterday.

The thumb screws suit the case perfectly.

Currently i am trialing the different fan grills as I got all 3.
Currently I am trying tribal skull. The problem that I am having is from the angle I am stilling at, you just can not make the out the pattern. Even when I turn the fan up to high.

The other problem that I am having with the fan grills is that they do make a rather annoying whirring noise

Just updated the ram from 4Gb to 8Gb. I am hoping I can find some time install WIndows 7 on this PC this week.

Sorry about the delay on this. I wanted to get my good digi-cam to take photos for once.

14235_1071003354466_1807603278_149360_3561825_n.jpg

Here's the side. As you can see, my fan grills have come in. I had to replace the Coolermaster 120mm Red Led Fan with an Antec 120mm fan on the side panel. The Coolermaster Red Led Fan just do not put out enough light. This is good is some ways as I still want the some thing darker for the rest of the case.

The tribal skull is cool. However I do see that a lot of the detail is lost on it when you are not looking at it directly. I will experminent with the Tribal and Black Flame grills.

Now for some nude pics......

14235_1071003434468_1807603278_149362_7570633_n.jpg

I have some some cable management to keep the cables clear of the fan. Currently I have 1x 120mm fan grill on thebottom case fan to keep the cable out of the way of the blades. I am going to do that with the top 120mm fan too. Occasionally when I am moving the case around, some of the cable seem to get bumped into teh fan.

I am keep that one Fan cable loose so I can remove the side panel off with out running the risk of damaging the cable leading up to my fan controller. However when i get around to it, I am going to tidy up the cable come out from the side panel fan.

14235_1071005874529_1807603278_149370_2655882_n.jpg

The cards that are on this motherboard are
1. Adaptec 1220SA PCI-E RAID Card
2. ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB PCI Video Card
3. Creative Labs X-Fi Extreme Music

Cable management. Lol wut? The case come with some cable holders. What I have found is best is you put your motherboard cable in first, then you put your power supply cable in afterwards.

Firstly, I would like to source an 8-pin CPU Power extension cable so that I can tuck the cable going from PSU to CPU on the otherside of the case.

I have those fan cable behind the other side panel. Those fan extension cables have come in handy.
I have sone the same with my Hard Drive activity cables from my SATA RAID card to my hard drive. I have loop those cable under my RAID card and then toward the harddrive.
I just wish I could pick up some smaller SATA cable. Currently i have your standard 30cm. I really wish I could get some thinkg like 15cm cable instead.

As you can see with the power supply, I have put a silicon padding around it. I wish they had black, however PC Case Gear ran out with no ETA on when they were going to get stock.

YOu can see the fan grill that i have put in the base fan. I am going to be doing the same to the fan on top closest to the hard drives. Occasionally the stat cable from my RAID card bump into that.

For all those people that are wondering why i put the RAID Hard drive there, you will see with the next picture....

14235_1071005834528_1807603278_149369_3023526_n.jpg

From top to bottom...
1. DVDRW Drive
2. 1Tb Hard Drive in removalble rack Drive 0
3. Fan Controller.
4. 1Tb Hard Drive in removalble rack Drive 1
5. Card Reader

I have put the removable rack in there purely for the simple reason that i can monitor the hard drive activity for those drives.
So if activity likes are not showing up in stereo (or one the lights are not even on), I know that some thing is wrong with one of my drive.
Plus, if I know that both of my activity lights are fully on and I am not accessing the drive, i know that the RAID software is doing a verifty or a rebuild.

14235_1071005914530_1807603278_149371_6570893_n.jpg

"A heatsink? (cruckle) That's not a heatsink....... This is a heatsink"
As you can see a good close up of the Asus Lion Square heat sink.
And if you look closely, there is my 8Gb of DDRII Ram @ FSB 800. Not much help under widows Vista 32-bit. But when I get around to it, I will be loading Windows 7 64-Bit shortly.

Pretty much from now, the next thing I need to do is to finish off the paint job. It's one of those projects I will get around to some sunday when I am not doing any thing.

The other thing I would like to do is improve the wire management. However i don't want to go too crazy with it as I am some one that does change parts alot. And I don't want to be spending hours taking out and tucking away cables when I want to change a part around.

Few other updates. I did have a problem with the GW700 Watt PSU. It was making a rather load humming noise on boot up and when ever the CPU was under load. Thankfully my suppler was able to do a straight swap.

Rescently I have installed a 500Gb hard drive. I will be using this for Windows 7 when I get around to installing that.

The other thing that i need to get around to installing is a Comms port cable. Laugh it off, however for the line of work that i do where I am programing cash registers, I will be needing a 9 pin com port. Thankfully the motherboard has the pins for this, it just a matter when I need to connect this.

I might look at moving my APC 500 APC UPS home some night.

really nice looking case, but the cable management just destroys the look. you should hide some of those behind the mobo tray.

but the case paint work looks nice :thumbsup:

What I am in the market for right now is some short SATA Cable. Typcial lengths that you get in your motherboard box is too big. They are about 30cm long. I need 15cm-20cm long.

What I need them for is so I can connect my Adaptec RAID Card to my RAID Hard Drive and just make things look neater.
At the same time, I am also going to be needing a 8pin ATX Extension.

This morning, I did find our that this computer will over heat if I do not have my case fans running and I am playing a game. I was playing Champions Online and did not have any of my case fans running. About 20 minute later, I am getting an over heating alarm from my POST speaker.
Immediately I turn on the fan and there is this gush of heating leaving the PC.

Today I figured that i might install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit on this computer.

I have the same case and normally have all of the case fans on all the time. My fan controller doesn't allow you to completely turn the fan off (Zalman xm-mfc1 plus) so I guess I couldn't anyway :p. It really isn't all that loud even with all of the fans running (normally have the ones hooked to the fan controller at half speed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom