Laptop SysBoard Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchan05

In Runtime
My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv2855ee. Now apparently my sys board had a problem traced to the nvidia chipset. I was wondering if it was possible to replace the chipset to get the display running again as opposed to buying an entirely new board instead.

If I end up buying a new board, it would cost me the same as buying a new HP dv3 (with same specs) but with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD instead of the nvidia 8400GS on my current laptop. However, I need all the stuff saved in my old hard drive.

I cant buy on ebay, got no credit card and its kinda not very well supported here in the Phils.

Whats the best option for me though? Buy a new one and ask the guys at HP, since I might be buying from them again, to transfer the contents, or to just have the thing repaired?

Ok, since in this situation I think that if I buy a new one, it would be best to buy from them again so as to have the contents transfered without problems, whats the difference between buying Compaq Presario and HP Pavilion? Aside from the price difference? I found two units that have the same specs but the price tag is like, almost $500 difference in favor of the Compaq.

Ok this is weird. I just tried opening my laptop a while ago and wow it worked, rolled the display driver back immediately and now its working. The bluetooth hardware cant be found but its nothing I'd miss much when I have data cables. So now Im guessing if it really is the sysboard after all.

I suddenly got a BSOD regarding the display drivers after I tried reupdating it, so I rolled it back. How does one deal with fixing BSOD errors anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom