Formatting after failed Ubuntu install

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJDarknez

Baseband Member
OK, so.

I thought I would be clever and try a dual-boot with Vista/Ubuntu on my primary HDD.

lol. fail.

Anyways, I re-installed Vista on my primary and copied over stuff I wanted to keep from WIndows.old.

I think I had tried to put the storage portion of Ubuntu on one of my external drives (drive letter "I" in this case) and told it to leave a 400GB partition available for Unbuntu.

But now after getting rid of Ubuntu, that 400GB partition is still there, and I can't get rid of it. Inside of windows, it'll only let me format 531GB, it won't touch the remaining 400. In the DOS window, it says I have to have elevated mode or some such BS.

I tried GParted after browsing some of the threads on here, but that seems to be Linux based, and maybe not quite what I'm looking for.

Halp?

GParted should do what you want. Just try to boot into it and see if you can do what you need to do :)

Boot off the Vista DVD and when it goes to the screen that promts you to select a destination for the OS, click Advanced and then select Deleate. That will do a fresh install on the HD which it sounds like it needs....

Or you cant do it in Windows...

Take full admin rights to the partition and then try to delete it
Properties (right click the drive)->Security->Users->Edit->Check "Full Control"
then
Computer (right click)-> Manage -> Drive Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom