Project Sestren Worklog - World's First Back/Outside Mounted Tri Loop Cube!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hacked Drivers are only good for a limited amount of time. There is no guarantee that Nvidia won't modify them to eliminate the loophole, and new games come out all the time that require updated drivers. You should shop around for a used card for PhysX that way you won't be out of so much cash when it no longer works as planned.

I hoping Nvidia reverts from their decision, but yes when I actually have the money in hand to make the purchase, then Ill do intensive research, to see the pros and cons. Since unfortunately this industry is a little unpredictable sometimes, I can only make the real decision when I am actually going to purchase.

Who knows, by then maybe the lifted the driver ban, if not, Ill weigh out the options, and pick the best one. Physx is not a necessity, just a nice bonus, if it seems feasible at the time, but you suggestion is certainly valid. I merely choose the 285 more, because its easy to find water blocks for it, but if I can find a better alternative when I am actually purchasing the card, and a water block for said alternative, I will make the best choice :).

Hopefully I will win the lotto by then though and not care ;). I still would, but I think you get my jist, hehehe.

Would you even notice phyx with Xfire 5970s?.....

They are independent technologies, so yes without the dedicated physxs, I can't see Nvidia's physics api. But as far as performance, it won't make a difference. But on Physx enable games, performance won't be significant, but I will get to see the physics eye and gameplay candy at least.

Hacked Drivers are only good for a limited amount of time. There is no guarantee that Nvidia won't modify them to eliminate the loophole, and new games come out all the time that require updated drivers. You should shop around for a used card for PhysX that way you won't be out of so much cash when it no longer works as planned.

IMO, a agea physx card is not worth it. even a lowly 8600GTS beats it as a PPU.

^?

I think Slay was just recommending that he get a used nvidia card, so it doesnt hit his wallet so hard. not to get a ageia physx card..

wow! how the **** have I missed this thread for so long lol
My dream is to one day have that much money to splurg on shiny computer parts :)

IMO, a agea physx card is not worth it. even a lowly 8600GTS beats it as a PPU.
yup

^?

I think Slay was just recommending that he get a used nvidia card, so it doesnt hit his wallet so hard. not to get a ageia physx card..
yup x2 ;)

wow! how the **** have I missed this thread for so long lol
My dream is to one day have that much money to splurg on shiny computer parts :)
It happens, but hopefully you found it and enjoy your stay! I wish I did too, so I could finish it faster, but back to the grind for ye, but I will finish it :thumbsup:, pretty tough though!

oops. :cute:

guess i should read more carefully.
Hehe it happens, especially at late nights, I type or misread things, and am like :crazy:

Isn't that everyones? :p
yup x3

lol same... :D
ditto ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom