15GB IDE Maxtor 31536U2 double up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't really matter TBH you could have a 7200 RPM drive if you want.

cool :)

what about this please?

Item : 160Gb Maxtor DiamondMax20 IDE 2Mb Cache Hard Drive
Brand/Model : Maxtor STM3160215A
Capacity : 160Gb
Spin Speed : 7200rpm
Buffer : 2Mb
Access Time : 12ms
Interface : ATA 133

can go over the 15GB limit now cos Windows just upped the P3 to SP3 [ a whopping 1.5GB of updates! :eek: ]

It was actually a 127GB limit, not a 15GB limit pre-SP2, just so you know for future reference ;).

And yes that would work.

It was actually a 127GB limit, not a 15GB limit pre-SP2, just so you know for future reference ;).

And yes that would work.

double cool carnagex :cool: !

the p3 has its max Ram + the almost most powerful CPU i could find for this mark of pc, so the addition of a new hard drive ought to maximise any improvement i could ever hope to make for this machine?

am already getting some great clean audio mic from the P3, converting it to WAV then trasferring it to the P4 via usb key, next door (noisy room) - great results so far: only drawback is the P3 can handle a 2 track dub at the moment but starts to struggle up hill adding a third: this might be the fact the HDD is filling up fast, am hoping the new HDD will straighten things out

even if not - it is a huge improvement on the previous set up and i could get round the 2 track limitation by converting a multiple track project into a single WAV file, then dubbing an additional mic track to that on the P3

brillant thanks! ;)

kr

Total Recorder Professional Edition, Total Recorder - captures any audio from the Internet, records audio from CD, microphone, line-in, converts any sound formats to WAVE file. Phone recording system.

For editing your recordings:

Audacity: Download

I use this all the time from recording straight from youtube.com
Keeps me from having to use Lime wire the pest filled archive of trojans and the occasional music association trap.
Just don't share your recordings online or sell them and you should be fine.

Total Recorder Professional Edition, Total Recorder - captures any audio from the Internet, records audio from CD, microphone, line-in, converts any sound formats to WAVE file. Phone recording system.

For editing your recordings:

Audacity: Download

I use this all the time from recording straight from youtube.com
Keeps me from having to use Lime wire the pest filled archive of trojans and the occasional music association trap.
Just don't share your recordings online or sell them and you should be fine.

this looks great Mike, thanks :)

am using MixCraft4 at the moment with M-Audio FastTrack as pc interface. results are improving but you have to stick at it - easier said than done of course, or you forget everything: but am starting to get consistent results

vista set me back a month on a project because of latency problems - need to check for sound card updates - or maybe it was just the infamous 'vista glitch' at work: anyhow, the music is back on xp now and looking good: at long last i can get back to that interrupted project i was working on ;)

thanks again

kr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom