Best agp video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the wattage of your power supply (PSU)? Open up the side of the case and copy down what's on the side of it for us.

from what i remember its a 300watt psu, but im willing to buy another one if i have to any suggestions for a psu for a old computer.

That 3850 requires 450W. Here are two quality PSUs to check out that won't break the bank.

Newegg.com - FSP Group SAGA+ 450R 450W ATX12V Power Supply - Power Supplies
$40 + shipping

Newegg.com - BFG Tech GS-550 550W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V V2.8 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies
$50 + shipping

The FSP Group PSU should be all you need, but if you want to go with the 550W so you could carry it over to a future build you could do that, too.

thanks for the advice will definitely take those in consideration, soo since my CPU is weak in what ways will this effect the HD3850?

thanks for the advice will definitely take those in consideration, soo since my CPU is weak in what ways will this effect the HD3850?

It'll be dependent on the games your running, but you'll notice a significant decrease in FPS (Frames Per Second), and you could possibly have to lower quite a bit of the settings in the games, just to get a playable game. More and more games are becoming optimized for multiple cores, so that'll limit game play.

hey was just wondering if you guys can recommend me an AGP video card that wont really bottle up my PC.
these are my specs
2.00ghz AMD sempron (single core)
2gb ram
80gb hardrive
ATI 9200.
cant really afford to buy another computer right now but am planning to some time next year.

you're bottleneck will be with the cpu (amd sempron single core). You can use this to your advantage huge though. This will motivate you learn about what's taking up your computer resources and how to "hack" your OS to lighten it up without damaging the registry. You can only benefit from a bigger gpu as it will take some of the load off of the cpu. You sure you don't have an open pci-e slot on your board?

thanks for reply but if i were to get the 3850HD in what ways will it bottleneck my computer? will the video card just not perform to its maximum potential?
that's exactly what it means to be bottlenecked

like a runner running with a space suit

wet suit will be your CPU (2.00ghz AMD sempron (single core))

the runner will be the graphic card

the runner can only move so fast in a space suit

with that said, the HD 3850 is currently the best AGP card

hey was just wondering if you guys can recommend me an AGP video card that wont really bottle up my PC.
it's not a new AGP video card that will bottleneck your computer, it's the rest of your computer that will bottleneck a new video card

while it's possible to get one that won't be bottlenecked by your computer, but then it kind of defeat the purpose of upgrading your video card in the first place

in any case, you'll see improvements in your games if you upgrade..... just don't know how much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom