Best agp video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

askquest1on

In Runtime
hi im upgrading my old video card (ATI 9200) and was wondering what is the best AGP video card out there that i can purchase, i kinda had my eye on the ATI HD 3850.
my computer specs
AMD sempron 2.00ghz single core
2gb ram.
80gb hardrive

if i purchase the HD3850 was wondering if it will just bottleneck my computer

Your CPU will hold it back.

Honestly, you may want to save toward doing a larger upgrade.

i play WoW and right now im getting around 10-15 fps.
would the HD3850 just slow down my pc much more?

sorry im the biggest noob on computers i dont know what a mobo and GPU is.

Graphics Processing Unit (Graphics Card)

You don't HAVE to buy new components to upgrade your entire computer, but I would advise it. A 4650 is one of the better for AGP, but if you can afford it, get the new components for a complete upgrade. To answer your question, a 3850 will be able to play WoW quite a bit better, and will outperform the 4650 for the most part.

Graphics Processing Unit (Graphics Card)

You don't HAVE to buy new components to upgrade your entire computer, but I would advise it. A 4650 is one of the better for AGP, but if you can afford it, get the new components for a complete upgrade. To answer your question, a 3850 will be able to play WoW quite a bit better, and will outperform the 4650 for the most part.

thanks for reply but if i were to get the 3850HD in what ways will it bottleneck my computer? will the video card just not perform to its maximum potential?

thanks for reply but if i were to get the 3850HD in what ways will it bottleneck my computer? will the video card just not perform to its maximum potential?

It won't bottleneck your computer, your CPU will become the bottleneck. The graphics card won't be performing at it's best, because of the CPU.

What is the wattage of your power supply (PSU)? Open up the side of the case and copy down what's on the side of it for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom