Time for watercooling? Feedback needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiny, cramped case is going to be tiny and cramped.

You're going to have one helluva time trying to get everything in there.

I agree...but the alternative was my Lian-Li PC-A10 which is even smaller. These are my two favourite cases but they definitely weren't built with watercooling as their primary focus! I thought briefly about swapping for my antec 1200 but that has my folding rig in it and after the amount of time I put into the wire management there...there was no way I was pulling that apart.

I'm figuring that if I pull those two hdd cages out and use the space next to the psu i should have enough room. I'll route the cables behind the mobo for wire management so they won't be in the way either. Might invest in a modular psu to make things simpler as well. I was going to re-wire my spare PC P&C 750 but that would take too long i think....

Ok, just picking up the last things now...

So am going to order the:

NCIX.com - Buy Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT Black 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet) - PFLEXP10-34-BK In Canada.

and now am just looking at the final setup....what about clamps? Any reason not to use the home depot plumbing clamps that look like this:

NCIX.com - Buy Primochill Zinc Plated Steel Worm Drive Hose Clamps for 5/8IN OD Tubing (2 Pack) - C-S-58 In Canada.

And lastly...does order make a big difference? Right now with the pump/res combo in the bottom right of the case and the rad at the top I'm looking at:

Pump-rad-cpu-gpu1-gpu2-pump

It's a long run from the pump in the bottom right to the rad in the top left....not sure if there is anywhere else in the case to mount the pump and rad though.
Anything I should be re-considering? Does it look like I'm missing anything?

Good choice on the Pro LRT, great tubing and has the best bend radius out of pretty much all others. :)

I use the home depot clamps.. at least on some of my connections. They are a bit big and kind of take off from the slick look, but you can you use them if you want. I just use zip ties.

Loop order doesn't matter at all really, unless you have really low flow(which you shouldn't have to worry about). Just hook everything up so you get the cleanest tubing lines.

Everything else looks good, assuming you are still going with these parts:

Pump: MCP355
Rad: swiftech 320
XSPC Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC
GPU block: MCW60-R2 (X2)
CPU block: Danger Den MC-TDX (have it already already)

Good choice on the Pro LRT, great tubing and has the best bend radius out of pretty much all others. :)

I use the home depot clamps.. at least on some of my connections. They are a bit big and kind of take off from the slick look, but you can you use them if you want. I just use zip ties.

Loop order doesn't matter at all really, unless you have really low flow(which you shouldn't have to worry about). Just hook everything up so you get the cleanest tubing lines.

Everything else looks good, assuming you are still going with these parts:

Pump: MCP355
Rad: swiftech 320
XSPC Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC
GPU block: MCW60-R2 (X2)
CPU block: Danger Den MC-TDX (have it already already)

Yup, dem's de parts.

So might be a bit cleaner if I go directly from the pump to gpu2-gpu1-cpu-rad-res considering it looks like the pump will be in the bottom right.

That should be just fine.. Not ideal but as I said earlier doesn't matter a whole lot. Probably a couple degrees at the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom