COD MW2 running sluggish on a 4870?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
Meh... This is prolly inn the wrong room.. Just move if justified..

My rig has been kind of choppy with the new COD MW2 .. I haven't clocked any FPS with it.. I can do it now..

but why would this run sluggish and choppy? New game has bugs?

rig specs in sig... I'm running a single 4870 1g about to pick up another one..

Just clocked it.. I'm getting 60 fps right now.. It just figures, the rig runs fine for me and my buddy comes by (Play 3 gamer) and I wanted to show him the rig and it's freezing up and running like crap... :/

The GPU is slightly OC'd... 750 and 900mhz, IIRC..

Hm, weird.. Does it do it a lot? Or was that the only time you've seen it like that? In multiplayer I get a constant 91FPS (specs in sig), with FRAPS running, and our systems are roughly equal (are they?)

Possible stupid question... Can you mix and match ram sticks?? *hides* I'm running OCZ 1066 @ 6-6-6-12 (Stock) in DIMM 1+2 and Corsair Dominator 1066 @ 5-5-5-15 (Stock) in DIMM 3+4.. Voltage locked @ 2.1v...

^ And yeah, our systems are pretty much the same, your card clocks a bit more than mine, but still should perform about the same... 8g 1066, 3.5 OC CPU...

It just did it today and yesterday I noticed that it was running a little choppy.. I'll grab a GPUz shot soon.. I beat MW2 and it runs fine, pretty much, but I think I may notice a lower FPS rate after I'd been sitting there for a bit.. Maybe it IS time for a Crossfire setup.. :D it doesn't run very hot, maybe 36* GPU gaming.

36C!? Mine's sitting at 64C right now, doing nothing intense at all.... if you mean GPU, that is.

I'd try taking out the mismatched RAM stick and see if that helps. I've got four 2GB sticks of the same type in mine.

And I'm also running a 20" wide screen Viewsonic Monitor thru the DVI Cable, FWIW..

^ Yeah... GPU temp.. CPU temp is near, but a smidge warmer.. My 4870 used to game @ 77*c (new), that's when I threw some liquid at it. Got tired of messing with the dust pumps, aka FANS.. :D Runs uBer cool now! :D The big rig is in the basement @ maybe 65*f.. So the ambient temp is cool.. I'm on my laptop most of the time.

gpuzy.jpg
gpuz2r.jpg
hwm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom