Meet Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virginia beach is right on the coast, farther away from just about everyone methinks.

Septic has the right idea about NorVA, Dulles and BWI are the closest airports. I'm all for a VA meet, that's one I could actually afford to go to! :p

As for Philly, as much as I like the idea because it's even closer than NorVA for me, I HATE driving in Philly. Ugh. Last time I was there, I made a wrong turn and went over the bridge into Camden. That was a terrible experience. The very next day, they named Camden the country's most dangerous city for the year...

okaaay..."NorVA". Right. So everyone would be able to get there ok?
come ON dudes! make a decision on where this thing's gonna be, you know the area way better than me...lol. Actually I don't know the area at all, so...

To at least get this thing somewhat organized, for discussion. I think all suggestions are right on. 1. Internet Connections w\ decent speed. 2. Ruff head count. Reason being, if I put my feelers out, I would need an idea how many people. I can't ruin an old friends trust and tell him 20 people and it ends up being 100. Might have to do an accumulation of hotel rooms and this is where people are going to have to back out bc of the money. So give me a couple days to check' few things. Well, for me I like to camp so I'd rather get a site rather than a room. Biggest thing at this point, is need to get vote\poll going for Va Beach vs. N Va. < 4hrs. apart. and it would be a whole separate network of contacts on my end.

Philly, nyc is preferred for me. I could also do VA and Boston.

I'm thinking if we're doing hotel rooms, we could try to bid for them on priceline. I've been getting cheap rates when travling.

i'll try to do some light searching for a place. What's the agenda look like. fishing, lan party, texas hold 'em poker?

edit - could piggyback with these people. other thought would be to ask a school to host.

http://www.meetup.com/socialweb/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom