If you have switched, where to?

• Intel to AMD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD to Intel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have had lots of experience on the mac. However, I am just now understanding that they aren't worth the money and I have sold my powerbook and i'm actually having nubius build my pc. I am a graphic and web developer. The whole macs are better for graphics is bs. pure bs. i've used both, i know. the only reason that argument was brought up in the first place was because macs USE TO destroy pcs when it came to video! this is no longer the case and that argument is no longer applicable yet mac users like to continue to believe its true.

Some major +'s for macs is the font handling. its way more advanced than that of the pc. WAY. the g5 cases are gorgeous along with the new cinema displays. and THATS what your paying for. the design. this was macs way of trying to compete with the pc's high performance for low cost. However, lots of PC case manufacturers are actually learning good design and making some seriously sweet cases. one example being lian li - functional and streamlined. i really really like the mac os and i'm going to miss it but i'm willing to deal with windows because the performance gain i'm getting with my desktop will be so worth it.

nubius, nice post, i have seen that movie in the plane going to france, lol. The mac os is way better than windows. Its safer, better, stronger. The archetecture of the cpu is different, which explains the lower ghz. It have more cycles per minute, making it perform faster. Its like the amds. all the mac cpus are 64 bit now. Which also changes a lot, as os x is a 64 bit os. so their procs benefit from that. But i did vote for pc, as much more programs and escpetially games. Macs tend to be VERY expensive, but oh well. They do look classy.

i was refering to the old look :D looks like they changed the way they want them to look. The thing iwth mac, is that u have less choices for the looks.

what are mac's good for? why do ppl use them? the only place i remember seeing them is when i was back in school.. are Mac's more popular in other countrys?

Macs are used for video editing alot of the time. My mother works at an advertising agency and all they have is macs, and my old 266mhz pc I sold them.

I enjoy using a PC more. In my opinion Mac is like a benz. It represents luxury. PC is more like a toyota camry, is for everyone and you enjoy to get around with it more. Note: I am not saying PC is inferior to Mac. Basically, I prefer a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom