OC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasaid

Fully Optimized
Ok, so as you can see in my sig i have an opteron 170. I increased voltage to about 1.52v and got it past 3ghz, but i'm keeping it at 3ghz for now. The memory is a poor overclocker so i had it set initially to 100mhz, and with the increaed FSB @ 300, it was running at 150mhz. I calculated that if i set the memory to 133mhz, it should be 200mhz, which is its stock speed. My memory can go upto 225mhz. Anyways, when i set it to 133mhz, it doesn't post. Very strange. Its not even an overclock... Up to 280 or 290 FSB, i can bring the memory speed up, but at 300FSB i can't increase memory speed back up to stock speeds. My options for ram speed is 100, 133, 166, 200 (stock), and higher.

Why won't my memory go back to stock speeds? Changing HT link between 4 and 3 doesn't help. I didn't touch the nF4 voltage since i don't really know what that does. Its set to 1.5v.

So if someone could enlighten me please? Much appreciated!

Had a real scare today. Thought i fried my mobo, lol. And the country i'm currently residing in there are no spare parts for AMD systems, so if it did fry, i'd need to get a new mobo+cpu+ram which i can't afford right now! but... FEWF!

But i am still baffled why i can't bring my memory up to stock speeds! I decided to raise the nF4 voltage as i don't think there's anything else that should be holding me back. I put it up to 1.65, and nothing happened. 1.75 and the computer turned off! I reset the CMOS, and yet nothing happened! Computer refuses to turn on! yikes! I took out the battery for a few minutes, replaced it, and it worked again.. thank god! Do you guys think increasing ram voltage will help? nothing reasonable seems to work.

Yea, make sure the mobo is giving the RAM the proper voltage and if the ram is running fast than rated, loosen the timing and increase the voltage.

You have to loosen the timings on the ram when ocing theres no way around it.

That might help. But, with your location I would be leary of pushing anything too far. Unless you have a backup computer. WTF are you doing down there?

if the ram is running fast than rated, loosen the timing and increase the voltage.

Thats the thing, its not running faster than rated, i'm just trying to get it to run at STOCK speeds, which it refuses. When the FSB is at 280 or 290even, its fine. But once it hits 300, i can't change it from 100mhz (overclocked to 150mhz, 50mhz slower than stock). I'll try increasing voltage anyways to see what happens.

WTF are you doing down there?

down there? lol, what are you talkin about?

ahh lol, very nice. I live here, hehe :D Attending school here, then maybe off to another country after i graduate! 4th year pharmacy student.

Anyways, Barca vs. Real is well into the 2nd half. I'll post updates on my memory situation once i get back and fiddle some more. Thanks for the help guys.

i had no luck. i'll just keep my modest overclock of 2.6ghz @ stock voltages... its good enough for my current use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom