New pc builder concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbi

Baseband Member
Ok guys, ordered my new build that you guys were so kind to help me out on, and can't wait to get it! Ok, first I have a few worries. The first one is that the GPU I got is a geforce gts 250 and it says it has half a gig of ddr3 memory, and I have ddr2 ram, will this be a conflict? Another concern I have is actually building the computer. Will all the parts come with a manual on how to install it (My main concern is that for some parts I hear you have to go into the bios to change stuff around, and I have no idea what id be doing) or am I going to need to hit up youtube. Thanks in advance as you guys always give amazing responses! (and sorry for all the posts, just trying to learn!)

The first one is that the GPU I got is a geforce gts 250 and it says it has half a gig of ddr3 memory, and I have ddr2 ram, will this be a conflict?
Nope, that will be fine.
Another concern I have is actually building the computer. Will all the parts come with a manual on how to install it
Unless you bought any of the parts as OEM, they will all have (detailed) instructions.
(My main concern is that for some parts I hear you have to go into the bios to change stuff around, and I have no idea what id be doing)
You don't usually have to do anything with the BIOS, unless you just want to get everything running exactly the way you want it. Everything works right out of the box nowadays.
(and sorry for all the posts, just trying to learn!)
We'd rather you ask for help beforehand than asking for help if you had managed to do anything wrong ;)

i normally install only one stick of ram first. just to start the computer. once its running i will install the other sticks of ram. if the computer does not start, then you know you have to manually change the settings in the bios. also i install the video card after i have made sure most of the updates have been installed.
if you need help , list you componets. especially the motherboard make and model number.

Alright, awesome guys thanks for all the help. Pretty sure the only oem thing i got was windows 7, and very relieved that the graphics card wont be an issue! Hopefully I get it all figured out when it comes, if not ill check out that site. Thanks again guys, u rock!

Just got half the stuff today, first concern of the day is the Windows 7. It says all this stuff about me downloading the pre installation kit on my computer, but am i not going to need to have an operating system to do that? Basically just wondering if anyone has used an oem OS before can tell me if I need to download anything or if I can just pop the disk in and go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom