Need help on a cheapt mobo+ram+CPU setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJC

Baseband Member
Brothers computer seems to have blown up. So I am looking for a cheap mobo, ram, and CPU just get by for awhile. I usually give him my old parts, but this time I am not ready to part with my I7 build.

I was thinking about getting a AMD board and the tri core Proccessor that works well in games. I am not too worried about future proofing. Anyways we are talking about a 22inch display

Id like to find:
mobo
CPU
4gigs ram

Cheap as I can w/o making performance an issue. Looking to play Age of Conan on this computer so anything that fits the bill. The current GPU is an 8800GTS (G92).

Anyways any help greatly appreciated. I have looked on newegg but I just don't know what boards are decent...and where to get the best deal

Newegg.com Shopping Cart

This is what I am looking at buying. Let me know what you guys think before I buy

you might as well go with ddr3 over ddr2 since they are still almost like the same price.

these will only be costing you $4 more than those parts ^, so IMO, you might as well.

same cpu Trotter has listed Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
$99 w/free shipping

mobo Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
$80 w/$10 MIR card

ram Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM - Desktop Memory
$80 w/free shipping

Total = $279

Thanks guys I went ahead and got the AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE and mobo and the rpjaw Ram.

I am always on the hook for upgrading everyone's ghetto computers hehe. Thansk again. I looked at that propus chip it looks interesting. but its only 20 bucks cheaper than then one I got. So all in all not too bad 280 bucks for a new mobo+CPU+4 gigs Ram.

I might try to unlock the 4th core...might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom