CPU usage always at 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello

Solid State Member
In a matter of one day my computer has gone from fast to slower than my old Compaq with a Pentum I in it. It is so slow that if I type at normal speed the title of this thread becomes CP usge alwayat 100. Since it happened so quick I thought I had picked up a virus or some ****** spyware, so I ran programs to clean my system. I also ran Sytem Mechanic to no avail. The next step was to check out some system info, and I discovered that my processes seem normal, but my CPU usage is constantly at 100% (not even wavering, it's really at 100% no matter what). The next step is to reload Windows and start from scratch...and if that doesn't work buy a new desktop.

Any advice is definately appreciated,

thanks

One of my svchost.exe was being used under User Name SYSTEM, and it was using a huge amount of CPU (90-99) despite having a Mem Usage of only 6,380 kb. I know svchosts are used for multiple services...but I don't know how to check what services are under a particular svchost.exe. Anyway, ComboFix appears to have fixed the problem, because my CPU usage is back down to where it should be, and none of my svchosts are using all my CPU. Should I post my ComboFix/HijackThis logs somewhere? Or am I okay now that my problem seems to be gone?

Thanks again Hefemeister

(the Dark Tower series is pretty cool by the way)

I would post your hijackthis log up here HijackThis Logs (analyze) - Computer Forums for Osiris to take a look at in case anything else is lingering.

"Have you come with your chosen weapon?"

"I have."

"What is your weapon?" This was the teacher's advantage, his chance to adjust his plan of battle to the sling or spear or bah or bow.

"My weapon is David."

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom